Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2006 12:27:51 PM EDT
I just got my J&G "M70AB2" kit.  It has a milled receiver, so my guess is that neither of  the trunions will not fit a stamped receiver.  Sheesh!

How many hidden variables are there in this simple project?

Options: Send it back as not being an "M70AB2" kit; Or scrounge up whatever is neccessary to make it work.  $$$$$$  

Any suggestions from people who have walked this path?

Send it back and start over, or work with it?

All comments welcome.

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:21:08 PM EDT
[#1]
BWUA HA HA HA HA HA!

Sorry for the evil laugh but on a serious note your pretty much screwed. Theres only one way to build on a milled kit and thats just to grind down the front trunion and mig or tig weld the receiver straight on to the muther f***.  Ive built three of them so far and its taken my entire weekend for a little over a month now. It can be done but its a shit load of blood sweat eyeballing and metal fitting. The good news though is that when you get done it will look twice as crappy, function half as well, and last 10 TIMES LONGER THAN ANYTHING ELSE EVER MADE! seriously if you want a dependable rifle you can weld it and it will last 100,000 rounds or you can return it for a rivit build and make 2 in half the time and price. if you have any further questions or want to see pics of mine when i finish them this weekend though fell free to im me.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:00:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I called J&G, and they were properly apologetic, "We have had a few complaints" she confessed...gave me an RA number, and the kit is off to them for a replacement with a stamped uni

Grumble grumble.  I can't wait to see what the stamped kit will look like.  I only hope it fits the M70AB2 stamped receiver and has a decent bore.

I thought this would be easy.  But the tuition to the school of hard knocks has never been cheap.

hkusp9:  Will you post photos of your mischief?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:27:41 AM EDT
[#3]
My replacement  M70 parts kit from J&G arrived yesterday, and I am well satisfied with it.  All matching numbers, no stock gouges, but a few stock dents, and a useable rough bore, but visible rifling.  It is cleaning up nicely.

Bottom line:  If you want an M70 underfolder, make sure you specify a  stamped receiver.

J&G Has changed their ad copy to say "Yugo underfolder" not M70AB2, so caveat emptor.

They did right by me, as they have in the past.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:18:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Sh!t, just ordered one yesterday....

How quick do they ship? and when did you order yours?

I am in GA, so... most of the way across the country.

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 1:07:24 PM EDT
[#5]
If they've had a few complaints then why don't they clarify during the order?!?
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top