User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:18:38 AM EDT
[#1]
We have 2 romi g kits bent from flats that  just need rear rivets pressed and there done!!!ohhh and we have done A LOT off bullshiting.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:09:01 PM EDT
[#2]
too late for this party

Hope it is a success, since I want in on the next one.

wganz

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:41:36 PM EDT
[#3]
There's more tomorrow (actually today, it's 1:30 AM sunday morning) I just got home from the first installment of the DFW build party.  

I got a few things done, two receivers bent, heat treated and railed; the equivalent of three kits demilled, and all sorts of broken tools.  

It was good meeting you folks.  Let's get together again sometime, maybe for a shoot?

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:03:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Everyone had a great time and got a lot done.  It was great to meet and compare building methods with the others in the group.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:58:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Have some pic's from the build but can't seem to get them to post.  Any of you guys that can post them I can email them to you.  [email protected]
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:46:18 AM EDT
[#6]
send em to me david...i will post em
lots of fun! very nice to meet all of yall, and learn new ways to do stuff
2 more weeks for the other build party!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:56:03 AM EDT
[#7]
At least one of the other guys have asked that I not post the pics showing the faces of them.  I can understand their concerns and have to respect their wishes.  It was a lot of fun yesterday and I learned some things that I did not know and saw some things to improve my methods as well.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:46:05 AM EDT
[#8]
i can blur out the faces for ya.....email them to me
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:16:59 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't think I will be able to make it in two weekends.  Do you guys ever get together on weekday evenings?  I might be able to drop by for a few hours one weekday.  Maybe break it up over one or two... or three evenings.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:28:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Wanted to thank all that came and Norm, AKnut, Puke thanks for the help guys!! Norm i hope u make the next one
 david never sent me any pics and this is all i got
here are some pics....didnt get to take one w/ all there is i was busy helping this was all saturday..bent about 16-17 flats finished off a few builds and demilled about 7-8 kits
and i was the only one drink!! LOL

will be cooking on the next one..maybe try to go shoot a bit also!!  hoohaa, i dont have much time during weekdays w/ work, kids soccer now and trying to keep the ole ball and chain happy!! EVERYONE is more than welcome to the next one!!!!
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:48:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks Getit for hosting this one...we all had a great time.

If we can get a metal box capable of holding 350 degrees F, we could put a burner under it and do some refinishing too...I have the designs, an airbrush, and some moly coating. The one I did a while back is holding up well.

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:57:45 PM EDT
[#12]
tag
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:07:04 PM EDT
[#13]
my buddy randy(sledgehammer) has a setup that is real neat tall upright metal box w/ a burner in it...i might make one...gun looks great!  here is a pic of a romy underfolder kit i got done w/ on sunday on a tapco flat
could use alittle more blue on the rec....making this my first battlefield/shooter gun

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:03:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:26:07 AM EDT
[#15]
The Romy underfolder looks great!

Thanks for having us over getit.  

Norm if we had a way to do this could I chip in some for materials or would I need to bring my own?  I was planning to do a rustoleum krinkle finish on at least the flat built kits, but it would be great to be able to do it right.

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:08:18 PM EDT
[#16]
If we could do another build over the summer I'd be thrilled. I'm getting back into Texas on May 11th..

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:07:13 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
too late for this party

Hope it is a success, since I want in on the next one.

wganz

am getting a Rommie kit tomorrow at the Market Hall gun show tomorrow to be ready for the next one.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:17:00 PM EDT
[#18]
fadedsun we will try...this was meant for u guys that posted in the builders section w/ no tools and of course to have some fun too!

wganz i am going to market hall sunday morning...hope there is some stuff left
i got another romie to build too ur not alone!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:04:25 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
fadedsun we will try...this was meant for u guys that posted in the builders section w/ no tools and of course to have some fun too!

wganz i am going to market hall sunday morning...hope there is some stuff left
i got another romie to build too ur not alone!

I got one of the two that Military Gun Supply had and those were the only two that I saw there.

wganz

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:26:46 AM EDT
[#20]
ok who is coming?????????????????????????????????????? and what day so i know what day to cook!!
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 12:25:01 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm really thinking about driving up there from Houston.  Anyone from Houston want to get a carpool going?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:22:30 PM EDT
[#22]
There is a chance I could make it for an afternoon on Sat or Sun.  This session is ending for me next week so I have a project to finalize.

Getit, can I chip in any money for expenses incurred from last weekend and this coming weekend?  I'm sure you ate some expenses in preparing to have us over.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:03:56 PM EDT
[#23]
JDizzle

My son and I are going up. Still waiting to know exactly when Saturday since
he is supposed to take a SAT test that morning, but we may blow it off. I live up near Tomball
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:19:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Me and my 17 yr old son will be there....Romy in hand.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:14:24 PM EDT
[#25]
thx brian for offering....if u would like to bring some hamburger buns and hot dog buns(1 of ea) and a 2 liter of coke(heh heh) that would be great! been saving that bottle of jack...as much as possible...that Regan brought at the first go round
i will have a grill up there sat night and sunday.......guys bring some chips!!!!

turmanator u ever heard of tomball pdr?? thats my buddy ricky!

Norm...u gonna make it?? anyone else??

we can work late saturday night til my wife starts beating me silly..and start back up sunday
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 11:23:42 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm bummed...can't make it. My sched got turned around and I'll be in Austin for the weekend.

Next one definitely though! Let's plan up the oven and do some refinishing next time, my form 1 came in and my Krink will need some paint by then....
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 11:24:17 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
JDizzle

My son and I are going up. Still waiting to know exactly when Saturday since
he is supposed to take a SAT test that morning, but we may blow it off. I live up near Tomball

I just took a look at my schedule and I have work on friday and sunday so i wont be able to go, thanks for the offer.  I'll try to get off for the next build party.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:30:15 AM EDT
[#28]
cool deal w/ the form 1 norm.....i have a few krinks under my belt so if ya need ANY help just yell at me...dam wish u could make it..will see if we can do another so u, jdiz and fadedsun can make it!!
got my form1 sent off like we talked....cant wait...i will try to get an oven built by then!

ok anyone else coming?? Disco_Stu_TX , saturnmissiles , bryanshoe , davidrriley ?????
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:39:44 AM EDT
[#29]
If we need it I have access to an jewlers smelting oven. I think it will get to like 1500 degrees.
What time do you expect us to start on Saturday?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:52:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Yea I'd really like to come. I'll just keep up to date with this thread so I can get off work and make it to the next one.  You guys have fun though!
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:27:27 PM EDT
[#31]
i am thinking about noon saturday til whenever..same sunday
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:10:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Everything still a "GO" for tomorrow?

What do I need to bring? (tools, food, booze...?)
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:44:59 PM EDT
[#33]
oh yea!!!!!! still on

bring some drill bits and punches...and drinks!

ak nut will be there before me....i have kids soccer games tomm but will be there after that!!
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:33:35 AM EDT
[#34]
I think I'll be coming to this one as well.  I'll be there later today.  I have an underfolder to rivet...
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:32:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Thanks again getit!  And AKnut for the help.  I was able to put in a few rivets, and finish up everything on the underfolder except grinding the rails.  That will come later.

It was good to see you guys again, let's do it again soon.  Maybe a trip to the range to try out the new goodies?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top