Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/4/2006 2:11:51 PM EDT
Anyone ever use the caswell plating systems black oxide parkerizing.  It is done at room temperature with no fumes.  I am going to give it a try using a 6"PVC cylinder with a cap on one end to slide the barrel and receiver into.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:38:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:04:44 AM EDT
[#2]
no problem
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:10:00 AM EDT
[#3]
if you're in western iowa and it doesn't work you're welcome to come out to omaha and utilize my stainless tank and manganese solution.  
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:11:45 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
if you're in western iowa and it doesn't work you're welcome to come out to omaha and utilize my stainless tank and manganese solution.  

Thnaks I am on the east side of Iowa but still have friends in the offut area from when I was stationed there.  By the way how did the saiga handguard turnout?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 1:12:14 PM EDT
[#5]
perfectly..just wish the bent flat had turned out the same

i gotta do a new receiver for it; i got a bit overzealous when cutting the notches for the bolt and carrier and made one a bit too big, so the carrier pops out when it's coming back after ejection.  no biggie though.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 2:51:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm also interested in seeing pics and your results.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:11:35 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
perfectly..just wish the bent flat had turned out the same

i gotta do a new receiver for it; i got a bit overzealous when cutting the notches for the bolt and carrier and made one a bit too big, so the carrier pops out when it's coming back after ejection.  no biggie though.

I have had that happen also put in one or two recoil buffers and it will be fixed.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:03:52 AM EDT
[#8]
it'll have to be a lot of recoil buffers; it's one of the cutouts for the bolt that's too big.

i'm a tinkering guy anyway.  one more flat to bend is just another fun weekend.  
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top