Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/4/2006 2:11:51 PM EDT
Anyone ever use the caswell plating systems black oxide parkerizing. It is done at room temperature with no fumes. I am going to give it a try using a 6"PVC cylinder with a cap on one end to slide the barrel and receiver into.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:38:50 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:04:44 AM EDT
no problem
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:10:00 AM EDT
if you're in western iowa and it doesn't work you're welcome to come out to omaha and utilize my stainless tank and manganese solution.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:11:45 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ArmedFerret:
if you're in western iowa and it doesn't work you're welcome to come out to omaha and utilize my stainless tank and manganese solution.

Thnaks I am on the east side of Iowa but still have friends in the offut area from when I was stationed there. By the way how did the saiga handguard turnout?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 1:12:14 PM EDT
perfectly..just wish the bent flat had turned out the same

i gotta do a new receiver for it; i got a bit overzealous when cutting the notches for the bolt and carrier and made one a bit too big, so the carrier pops out when it's coming back after ejection. no biggie though.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 2:51:38 PM EDT
I'm also interested in seeing pics and your results.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:11:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ArmedFerret:
perfectly..just wish the bent flat had turned out the same

i gotta do a new receiver for it; i got a bit overzealous when cutting the notches for the bolt and carrier and made one a bit too big, so the carrier pops out when it's coming back after ejection. no biggie though.

I have had that happen also put in one or two recoil buffers and it will be fixed.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:03:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/6/2006 5:04:12 AM EDT by ArmedFerret]
it'll have to be a lot of recoil buffers; it's one of the cutouts for the bolt that's too big.

i'm a tinkering guy anyway. one more flat to bend is just another fun weekend.
Top Top