Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2006 5:15:02 AM EDT
New Yugo barrell
I have a yugo underfolder kit that has a trashed barrel, any thoughts on this buy?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:36:49 AM EDT
[#1]
link won't work for me :(
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:35:41 AM EDT
[#2]
you have to delete the <br> from the address.

or

just click HERE
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:07:41 AM EDT
[#3]
$150 barrel
$130 kit
$110ish DCI receiver
$60ish US parts
$20 other parts (rivets, etc)

$470 and the rifle hasn't even been refinished.

If you like to DIY (like I do), then you'd go for it.  Otherwise, you could buy one as cheap from Century.

Caspian
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 1:47:45 PM EDT
[#4]
how the hell is centerfire importing yugo manufactured new barrels? is someone smuggling these things in one at a time in their ass or is it a really big assed person thats going to smuggle them all at once? honestly if century was making them here then it would make perfect sense but the barrel ban was a few months ago and if centerfire was sitting on a bunch of  yugoslavian imported barrels i would have already seen them advertised. i would be willing to buy one as a replacement but i want one that was double ballooned!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:17:45 PM EDT
[#5]
advertise your kits as excellent, have 50+% returned for shot out barrels, bitch to your connection about it, have them send new barrels????  just a theory..
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:09:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Your math sucks

I built this one for $256
Breakdown:
parts kit 97$
receiver $83
FCG $34
Slant break $12
Sling $10
shipping, mag $20

And yes the barrel is a little dark, but as you can see(from 25yds) the accuracy is fine.

Plus there is nothing like holding and shooting a rifle you built.

FREE

Quoted:
$150 barrel
$130 kit
$110ish DCI receiver
$60ish US parts
$20 other parts (rivets, etc)

$470 and the rifle hasn't even been refinished.

If you like to DIY (like I do), then you'd go for it.  Otherwise, you could buy one as cheap from Century.

Caspian

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:53:01 PM EDT
[#7]
yeah untill i hold and shoot the rifle i built on sunday and it Fing blows up in my face, this is my first build and and im welding them all in place with a mig and lots of eyeballing

on a more serious note however... IM GOING TO ESSSPLODE MY SELF THIS WEEKEND!!!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:00:41 PM EDT
[#8]
oh i forgot to ask, where are these barrels seriously coming from?century cant be making them if theyre yugoslavian zastava new barrels and they cant be imported if theyre barrels so is there some kind of barrel stork that i need to order from? maybe the barrel stork smuggles them through customs in his ass, im really convinced that theres some kind of heroin mule style ass smuggling going on here, and i would like to know how its being done,

on second thought a magical stork would raise too much suspicion from customs in light off all this bird flu stuff going on, especially if he set off a metal detector

ok i give up, somebody enlighten me!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 11:23:44 PM EDT
[#9]
I guess you guys have missed a few things.. These bbls do not have any gas port, or other holes drilled.. No sights, gas block, or rear sight.. So as far as import goes, they could be used for anyhting, including a bolt gun..

Also, I belive the "bbl ban" has been redefined again, and the ATF's new stance is, that if it CAN be used to assemble a legally importable rifle, then they will allow it.

So in theory, I intent to use all new AK parts kits, to build 10 shot single stack mag rifles..
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:33:27 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Your math sucks

I built this one for $256
Breakdown:
parts kit 97$
receiver $83
FCG $34
Slant break $12
Sling $10
shipping, mag $20

I bought a $97 kit also and will have a gun almost as cheap, but we're talking apples and oranges.  Point #1, there are no more $97 kits.  The best you'll find it $139 + shipping.

Point #2, you got your receiver at cost.  It's great you have an FFL who will work for free.  I am stuck at the mercy of gun show dealers.  That's why i paid $114 for my receiver.  I would imagine most others are in the same boat.

While i can appriciate your gun (since i have one almost the same), it simply can't be compared to a gun with a brand new barrel, fresh park job.

Caspian

p.s. aren't ya missing a US part?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:08:29 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Your math suckshisBreakdown:
parts kit 97$
receiver $83
FCG $34
Slant break $12
Sling $10
shipping, mag $20

I bought a $97 kit also and will have a gun almost as cheap, but we're talking apples and oranges.  Point #1, there are no more $97 kits.  The best you'll find it $139 + shipping.

Point #2, you got your receiver at cost.  It's great you have an FFL who will work for free.  I am stuck at the mercy of gun show dealers.  That's why i paid $114 for my receiver.  I would imagine most others are in the same boat.

While i can appriciate your gun (since i have one almost the same), it simply can't be compared to a gun with a brand new barrel, fresh park job.

Caspian

p.s. aren't ya missing a US part?

shipping, mag $20 <-- maybe he bought a US made magazine or follower?
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top