Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/26/2006 5:52:50 PM EDT
Anybody have the Harbor Freight torch set? It's on sale from $279 down to $192 including a 20% off coupon. It looks like a decent set.

I like using oxy/map torch for heat treating but the small oxy bottles are only 1.4 oz and cost $10/. If I am fast I can get a receiver's holes and the rails done with 1 bottle. Usually though I will need more than one for the job.

If someone here has the set, how do you like it and how much did it cost to get the bottles filled?
Also, it comes with 3 different nozzles, which one do you prefer?

TIA,

Del
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:30:33 PM EDT
[#1]
a small bottle is almost as much to fill as a large 1

if your gonna drop 2 bills goto craigs list or somethan and buy a used 1 that isnt gimp
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:29:47 AM EDT
[#2]
i have a small torch that is very simular .. it does come in handy in the shop .. the gas cylinders
come empty when you get it.. the local welding supply shop will fill or exchange the cylinders
for less than 20.00 .. Keep in mind that these torches will use up their gas supply fairly fast
depending on what you are doing ..
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top