Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2006 2:07:49 PM EDT
The title says it all...

Haw many years have these parts kits been avail in the U.S.?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:56:23 PM EDT
[#1]
A long time-seems like forever
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:48:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Since last spring, I think.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:07:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:12:45 PM EDT
[#4]
you are correct either Jan or Feb of 03
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:48:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks...

I was just wondering, but I guess I will find out soon enough..

Quoted:
Hello All,
I was cleaning out my closet and came across some AK-47 Related items and thought I put them to the group for thought.

I have the following for sale....

2- Romanian AK-47 Parts Kit bought in 1991 all parts matching, wood is real nice, of course it has threaded muzzle and all that.........I paid 75.00 for it back then and will take the same now!
You can e-mail me @ XXXXXXXXX

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:59:38 PM EDT
[#6]
GOOD LUCK!
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 12:05:36 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
GOOD LUCK!

I think I will be fine, Im just not so sure that it is a Romanian kit...(No big deal, I have built 3 now)..If I get hosed ( I doubt I will) I have been hosed for lots more than that amount of $$ at a Washington Hometown Forum drinking party.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:29:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:27:17 AM EDT
[#9]
I bought 2 Romy kits a couple of years ago.  They seem identical to the "G" kits that we are getting now, except mine don't have the "G".
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:01:38 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I bought 2 Romy kits a couple of years ago.  They seem identical to the "G" kits that we are getting now, except mine don't have the "G".

Did the stocks have the black bands?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:11:47 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did the stocks have the black bands?

Nope.  No black bands and no orange "G".  I got them from Inter Ordinance and they also didn't come with selector stops either.  But on the bright side, when I contacted them for the selector stops they sent them right out to me with 6 brand new rear tangs too.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:25:45 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
[Nope.  No black bands and no orange "G".  I got them from Inter Ordinance and they also didn't come with selector stops either.  But on the bright side, when I contacted them for the selector stops they sent them right out to me with 6 brand new rear tangs too.

Sounds like those earlier kits were actual Romanian Military issue and not like the black banded Patriotic Guard ones currently available.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:54:09 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
[Nope.  No black bands and no orange "G".  I got them from Inter Ordinance and they also didn't come with selector stops either.  But on the bright side, when I contacted them for the selector stops they sent them right out to me with 6 brand new rear tangs too.

Sounds like those earlier kits were actual Romanian Military issue and not like the black banded Patriotic Guard ones currently available.

I got the kits through a group buy on Weaponeer.net quite a while ago.  I have no idea how long ago or how much they were because I am gradually losing my mind.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:10:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:41:15 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
GOOD LUCK!

I think I will be fine, Im just not so sure that it is a Romanian kit...(No big deal, I have built 3 now)..If I get hosed ( I doubt I will) I have been hosed for lots more than that amount of $$ at a Washington Hometown Forum drinking party.

Yo man, ya get your kits yet?  When's the next building party, I have a kit ready to go!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:45:39 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Yo man, ya get your kits yet?  When's the next building party, I have a kit ready to go!!!!!

You sound like a Fed, just moved here from California, only met you once....

Why dont you call up CaptKirk and you two can get something going.

I did get the kit, it was in great shape, but not matching ( It was advertised as all parts matching), Beautiful peble wood...I would have to say it is in the best shape I have seen on a Romi kit, ( I have a few romi kits)
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top