Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2006 4:22:02 PM EDT
I have a WASR-10 and what I would like to do is replace the barrel with a barrel from a Romanian kit.

Has anyone ever done this?

I want to do it without swapping out trunnions.

Can I press the barrel out of the WASR receiver without removing the front or rear trunnion?

I know I will need to headspace the barrel.

Thanks for the help.

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:26:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't see why you couldn't...

I am not real familiar with WASRs....aren't they Romanian also?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:46:19 PM EDT
[#2]
It shouldnt be an issue, pressout the barrel pin and the barrel just like you would when prepping a parts kit.

My question is why would you want to switch out a perfectly good Romy barrel for another Romy barrel that might not headspace correctly???

FREE
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:51:30 PM EDT
[#3]
The correct barrel has been shortened and had a muzzle brake welded back onto it to make it 16.5 inches. i want to use all the parts from my G Romy kit to build up the WASR receiver and use the WASR barrel for a pistol build.

All I really need to know is how to press out the WASR barrel without having to remove the front or rear trunnions from the WASR receiver.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:23:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Go here:

www.cetmerifles.com/forum/vb/showthread.php?t=6515

Quoted:
The correct barrel has been shortened and had a muzzle brake welded back onto it to make it 16.5 inches. i want to use all the parts from my G Romy kit to build up the WASR receiver and use the WASR barrel for a pistol build.

All I really need to know is how to press out the WASR barrel without having to remove the front or rear trunnions from the WASR receiver.

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top