Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/6/2006 4:22:02 PM EDT
I have a WASR-10 and what I would like to do is replace the barrel with a barrel from a Romanian kit.

Has anyone ever done this?

I want to do it without swapping out trunnions.

Can I press the barrel out of the WASR receiver without removing the front or rear trunnion?

I know I will need to headspace the barrel.

Thanks for the help.

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:26:41 PM EDT
I wouldn't see why you couldn't...

I am not real familiar with WASRs....aren't they Romanian also?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:46:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/6/2006 5:47:35 PM EDT by FREEFALLE7]
It shouldnt be an issue, pressout the barrel pin and the barrel just like you would when prepping a parts kit.

My question is why would you want to switch out a perfectly good Romy barrel for another Romy barrel that might not headspace correctly???

FREE
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:51:30 PM EDT
The correct barrel has been shortened and had a muzzle brake welded back onto it to make it 16.5 inches. i want to use all the parts from my G Romy kit to build up the WASR receiver and use the WASR barrel for a pistol build.

All I really need to know is how to press out the WASR barrel without having to remove the front or rear trunnions from the WASR receiver.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:23:10 PM EDT
Go here:

www.cetmerifles.com/forum/vb/showthread.php?t=6515

Originally Posted By Cumberland:
The correct barrel has been shortened and had a muzzle brake welded back onto it to make it 16.5 inches. i want to use all the parts from my G Romy kit to build up the WASR receiver and use the WASR barrel for a pistol build.

All I really need to know is how to press out the WASR barrel without having to remove the front or rear trunnions from the WASR receiver.

Top Top