BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/31/2006 8:28:32 PM EDT
Pic or video would be great!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:52:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Clamp the flat sides on the rear of the gas tube in a vise. Put a glove on and grab the wood part. Rotate it one direction making sure you rotate only and not pull outward on the edges. If it doesn't move one way, try the opposite direction. Sometimes it will move more easily in one direction than the other.

The key to not breaking it is to apply pure turning force as evenly as possible.

Replacing it is the same, pure turning force...
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:23:07 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Clamp the flat sides on the rear of the gas tube in a vise. Put a glove on and grab the wood part. Rotate it one direction making sure you rotate only and not pull outward on the edges. If it doesn't move one way, try the opposite direction. Sometimes it will move more easily in one direction than the other.

The key to not breaking it is to apply pure turning force as evenly as possible.

Replacing it is the same, pure turning force...

What he said
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:19:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I like pictures!

Hand Guard Removal
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:06:47 PM EDT
[#4]
And if you follow the instructions and it still won't come off, put it in the freezer overnight. I read that on here awhile ago and it works, I had one that wouldn't budge and the freezer trick was all it needed.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top