Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/30/2006 6:28:39 AM EDT
Does anybody out there use either of these? I like the DPH besause of the seff centering issue but I know the Tannery Shop doesnt make anything that doesnt work. Whats your opinion?

OMP

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:32:18 AM EDT
have used an ak-builder jig with the no-hammer top rail addition for probably close to 100 builds now (myself and a "few" friends ) and aside from a couple little dings that are purely cosmetic, it still bends like a freakin champ.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:10:38 AM EDT
I just bought and used a used DPH arms jig. It working like a champ, It did bend the flat a hair off center, but I don't beleive it will effect anythig. It is most likely because I was in a hurry.

I'd buy one again.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:13:30 AM EDT
If you are only planning on doing a one time bend. Check out quarterbore.net he rents a couple out for $20 plus shipping to the next person.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:12:17 AM EDT
I also have one of ak-builders jigs.
Between my own builds and friends, it has done around 30 so far, still going strong.
Knowing DPH, I'm sure his is good also. I don't know anything about Tannery's jig.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:47:24 PM EDT
AK-Builder with top rail bender. Worth the wait. Plinker long rivet jig, also worth the wait. Bolt cutter rivet squeezer, works great. I was 'gonna do a screw build for my first, decided to rivet instead. Glad I did.
Top Top