Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/29/2006 1:09:10 PM EDT
Just going to order my FCG, my reciever is on order, are the 1.0mm global recievers single or double hook?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:41:16 PM EDT
Double hook. Definitely - get a double hook G2 :)
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:54:08 PM EDT
Just ordered the double hook, with all the cutting I will have to do for AMD 65, slotting will not be much more pain if needed.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:34:52 PM EDT
You won't need to slot for the Trigger group - it's already there :) Just the AMD folder. A hint: Rivet in the Rear trunion without cutting. Now, use a Dremel cut off wheel and go well inside the RT "notch". Finish up with a grinding stone, sandpaper wheel, then a Polly Polishing Wheel (Course).
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:40:14 PM EDT
Thanks for the hint! Do you drill the folder release button before or after, I had planed on doing all the cutting before riviting. Interesting idea.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:53:17 PM EDT
On the release button... strip the parts in the release hole. Now, in a press, come down THRU the top with a longer bit (undersized) so you can find the "center of where the hole should be...

Use a dremel diamond bit (about $7.00) to widen the hole from the bottom - then grind the rest once its opened up. You'll have an EXACT hole.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:39:35 PM EDT
Thanks again, good info. Your making it sound too easy, too bad global told me 45-60 days on the reciever, and ohio rapid fire said backordered for 3mo! Thanks again
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:54:24 PM EDT
"ohio rapid fire said backordered for 3mo"

You just paid me back in spades :) I was about to go thru ORF for a Global Receiver...

Ignore anything GT said - you actual time from order to receipt is probably going to be two months - that's based on hard DATA from members of this board, and others. If you have not ordered yet? I would strongly suggest NOT asking for anything special - this can push delivery time out to 4+ months.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:10:21 PM EDT
I ordered the day of the first post. I went with global, direct from them, contacted them and rapid fire the same day. Global said they will charge my account 1 week before it arrives, so I am watching the bank. Almost have enough for an underfolder kit now (1 week away), just dont want to wait another damn 2 months for another reciever. I only put 40 bucks a week into the gun fund right now :(.
But, I may have just sold my chevelle for 2000 bucks, and that is prob more than it is worth, I will prob buy an RPK kit from copes, too bad the numbers dont match, but I really want an RPK too.
Top Top