Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/29/2006 1:09:10 PM EDT
Just going to order my FCG, my reciever is on order, are the 1.0mm global recievers single or double hook?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:41:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Double hook.  Definitely - get a double hook G2 :)
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:54:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Just ordered the double hook, with all the cutting I will have to do for AMD 65, slotting will not be much more pain if needed.  
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:34:52 PM EDT
[#3]
You won't need to slot for the Trigger group - it's already there :)  Just the AMD folder.  A hint:  Rivet in the Rear trunion without cutting.  Now, use a Dremel cut off wheel and go well inside the RT "notch".  Finish up with a grinding stone, sandpaper wheel, then a Polly Polishing Wheel (Course).
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:40:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the hint!  Do you drill the folder release button before or after, I had planed on doing all the cutting before riviting.  Interesting idea.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:53:17 PM EDT
[#5]
On the release button... strip the parts in the release hole.  Now, in a press, come down THRU the top with a longer bit (undersized) so you can find the "center of where the hole should be...

Use a dremel diamond bit (about $7.00) to widen the hole from the bottom - then grind the rest once its opened up.  You'll have an EXACT hole.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:39:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks again, good info.  Your making it sound too easy, too bad global told me 45-60 days on the reciever, and ohio rapid fire said backordered for 3mo!  Thanks again
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:54:24 PM EDT
[#7]
"ohio rapid fire said backordered for 3mo"

You just paid me back in spades :)  I was about to go thru ORF for a Global Receiver...

Ignore anything GT said - you actual time from order to receipt is probably going to be two months - that's based on hard DATA from members of this board, and others.  If you have not ordered yet?  I would strongly suggest NOT asking for anything special - this can push delivery time out to 4+ months.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:10:21 PM EDT
[#8]
I ordered the day of the first post.  I went with global, direct from them, contacted them and rapid fire the same day.  Global said they will charge my account 1 week before it arrives, so I am watching the bank.  Almost have enough for an underfolder kit now (1 week away), just dont want to wait another damn 2 months for another reciever.  I only put 40 bucks a week into the gun fund right now :(.
But, I may have just sold my chevelle for 2000 bucks, and that is prob more than it is worth, I will prob buy an RPK kit from copes, too bad the numbers dont match, but I really want an RPK too.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top