Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/28/2006 2:35:03 PM EDT
My gun budget funding request has been approved by my supervisor!

I'm looking at building a Yugo underfolder to stay cheap, and I have a few concerns...

1. What's the right receiver? I don't have the equipment to bend flats, so I'll be buying a complete receiver. Does someone make an RPK receiver with the underfolder holes drilled already, or do I drill those myself?

2. I live in a condo, and don't have any significant "shop equipment" like a drill press for drilling into the old rivets. Will I be able to get by with the drive-screw method that's tacked here, with maybe regular screws for the trigger guard?

3. Who has the best deal right now on VG-excellent condition Yugo underfolder kits?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 2:48:24 PM EDT
last I heard there was no such thing as an excellent to like new Yugo kit, they all seem to have lousy looking bores
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:31:13 PM EDT
a good bore yugo is prolly gonna run you almost as much as the whole rifle already built from centerfire

the rec you want is a dci uf rec
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:08:46 PM EDT
Yes they are VERY hard to find, but they are out there

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:20:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/29/2006 8:21:44 AM EDT by ozzy_the_nuke]
Step one: Get some tools and a shop. Step two: Get a Romanian to practice on. Step three: Get a polish underfolder. Step four: Get a Yugo, but only if you feal lucky.

I have yet to encounter anyone who found building AKs to be easier than they expected.
Top Top