Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2006 5:36:18 PM EDT
I just bought one of these and I was wondering if you had to add fluid to it or does it work right out the box? I haven't started assembling it yet, but if it take fluid I'm going to wait until tomorrow becuase I dont have any.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:54:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I got a 12 tone awhile back and it only need assembly.

SRM
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:13:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought the twelve ton, but haven't put it together yet.  I came across a 20% off coupon that I did not know that I had.  It would have saved me $20.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:27:48 PM EDT
[#3]
fluid is aleady in the jack

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:04:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
fluid is aleady in the jack

Yup, fluid already in the jack...too bad I had to find out the hard way..LOL.  I opened up the plug and out it came oozing all over the place.

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:43:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Well at least I don't feel as stupid for asking. I actually went to get the 12 ton and it was 30 mins before closing at HF. Well people kept coming in and there was a young kid that apparently just started and kept needing the managers help at the register. As you know the press comes from storage in the back and the manager was getting called back up to the front every 5 mins. He kept saying he was sorry to me as I was waiting for him to bring it up. Well he came back and said it was taking too long to find the jack for the 12 ton so I could have the 20 ton. So I got the 20 ton for $109.00. The only problem is my barrel pushing tool is for the 1 inch ram on the 12 ton.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:33:41 AM EDT
[#6]
That is exactly what happened to me when I purchased my press; they accidentally gave me the 20 ton press instead of the 12 ton.  After almost getting home, I turned around and decided my conscience was getting to me so I told them about the mistake and got the correct one.  Now, had they offered to substitute the 20 in place of the 12, as was in your case,  I would have gladly kept it.  Besides, the 12 ton is more than sufficient for what I need it for.  

Maybe you can post your ram collar on the exchange forum to see if anyone has one for the 20 ton press?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:36:27 AM EDT
[#7]
DO THE HARBOR FREIGHT RETAIL STORES HAVE THE SAME STUFF AND PRICES AS THE CATALOG?----THERE IS ONE ABOUT AN HOUR AWAY FROM ME----THANKS FOR ANY HELP
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:54:16 AM EDT
[#8]
The Harbor  Retail Stores should have the same stuff at the same prices posted online...the question is, will they have it in stock.  I have one about 20 minutes away and anytime I went, after seeing something I liked on their website, they would have it.  
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:11:16 AM EDT
[#9]
This guy has different size attachments for different ram sizes but I don't know if he sells them seperatly.  You could always call and ask.
ak-builder.com/ak/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=10
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 2:03:18 PM EDT
[#10]
harbor freight stores have all the stuff on the website, and if it's not the same price it's cheaper.  

as for curtis, yes he makes different sized collars for the barrel press kits, and yes you can buy them separately.

i'd recommend calling him though, email is not a great way to get in touch with him--he's usually just too busy making parts to be able to answer all of them, but he tries to answer every phone call he can.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:27:30 PM EDT
[#11]
The collar I got for the 12 ton was made by a guy named Butch from gunco. It's almost too nice looking to use but I think I will get him to make me one for the 20 ton press since he only charges $20 and ships very fast. I used the 20ton to press a barrel and barrel pin in tonight with zero problems. Only thing I have left is the FCG and getting the bolt to pass the ejector.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:30:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Butch goes by the handle "Tailgunner" on gunco.net.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top