Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/23/2006 3:31:39 AM EDT
Is there a technique to get consistant seating and head shape from swell neck rivets .  I have some sitting higher  than others . no problems with the regular rivets.  
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 4:41:42 AM EDT
[#1]
sometimes it helps to countersink the reciever just a little bit so it pulls the reciever into the countersink in the trunion. especialyif  it is an OOW
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:37:08 AM EDT
[#2]
You really have to dimple the receiver when using swell neck rivets.  It's a PITA IMO, and that's why I don't use swell rivets anymore.  It doesn't make a tangible difference swell vs nonswell.  Use what is easiest.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:00:37 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You really have to dimple the receiver when using swell neck rivets.  It's a PITA IMO, and that's why I don't use swell rivets anymore.  It doesn't make a tangible difference swell vs nonswell.  Use what is easiest.

Watch what you say about that,

I agree with you 100%, but there seems to be a guy in here that "builds for a living", and let me know in Chat that if you are not using Swell neck's you are a P.O.S.  who just wants to Hillbilly build crap to sell at a gunshow to other dumbass's that dont know any better.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:54:52 PM EDT
[#4]
How are you dimpling your receiver ?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 4:56:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:17:49 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
How are you dimpling your receiver ?

Put the swell necks in last and use a center punch to mash down the receiver to fit the indentation in the trunnion.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top