Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/21/2006 5:23:53 PM EDT
Care to share any methods if you've had this problem? Every screwdriver I have is unable to turn it and was partially stripped when I took it out the bag. Am I forced to drill it out?
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:55:50 PM EDT
Dremmel tool with cutoff wheel (worn down a to half). Clean up the slot and get back on it with a sharp screwdriver...

Another reason slotted screws suck.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:49:03 PM EDT
I actually had to take one of my older screwdrivers and file down the tip to get it to fit my AK’s slotted screw heads.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:31:26 PM EDT
I was going to try the dremmel wheel but it's gonna mark up the trunion. I guess no one will see it but me. Thanks for the quick replies!
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:26:01 PM EDT
Wear away the cutoff disk until you reduce the diameter of it and then try it on the screw so you won't hit the trunnion. I assuming this is the screw closest to the rear of the gun.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:47:49 AM EDT
Yeah that's the bad part. It's the other one. If I drill it out, it will be hard to remove completely.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:40:38 AM EDT
You could also drill a small pilot hole and use a screw extractor.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:52:59 AM EDT
Ok, here's what I did with only damage to the screw. It's hard to see but I took a small cobalt drill bit and drilled three holes almost besides each other. Then I put the closest sized flathead on top and smacked it. Now all I need is a new screw!!

thanks for the ideas guys. does Lowe's/Home depot have screws similar to the ones on the read trunion?
Top Top