Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/18/2006 5:57:45 AM EDT
Has anybody ever tried making a tripod mounted twin AK? I have seen the kits gatlingguns.com sell and don't really like the look. Plus, they are expensive.

I have made twin Ruger 10/22's with MG42 stocks that mount on a tripod. They have cross linked BMR Activators (cranks).

I am thinking of doing something like this with a couple of Romy kits. These will not have stocks or pistol grips or any wood in the handguards or gas tube.

The mount will not be a problem, though I need to find or make a tripod.

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 1:11:53 PM EDT
Here is a pic of my current twins:

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:44:48 PM EDT
get one of the cheap tripods from interodnance, they are like 80 bucks and are after ww2 anti aircraft ones. we are using them for the 1919's- so 2 ak's should be no probelmo at all. mike
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:25:12 PM EDT
Cpt_kirk, how is the fit and finish of the 10/22 conversion? I can't stomach the krinker plinker conversion for the 10/22, but the mg42 doesn't really look bad at all.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:34:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/18/2006 8:22:54 PM EDT by Rhino_66]
There is an AK twin mount that positions the rifles on their sides (gas tube towards each other). I can't find the link for it right now, but I'll keep looking.

There is a little more linkage involved because of the triggers being positioned horizontally instead of vertically, but it doesn't look too hateful.

EDITED TO ADD:

Here are the pics of the conversion I mentioned. I believe these belong to FTF on Gunsnet.

This is a one-off project and you can see the amount of work that went into it. If this were available as a kit, I don't think this would be a cheap. Mucho work = Mucho $$$$$
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:17:10 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Rhino_66:
Cpt_kirk, how is the fit and finish of the 10/22 conversion? I can't stomach the krinker plinker conversion for the 10/22, but the mg42 doesn't really look bad at all.

It's a plastic stock and fits like a glove.

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:19:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mikedddd:
get one of the cheap tripods from interodnance, they are like 80 bucks and are after ww2 anti aircraft ones. we are using them for the 1919's- so 2 ak's should be no probelmo at all. mike

I just sold an MG42 AA tripod with 1919 adapter. I have an MG42 ground tripod now.

I may wind up buying another AA tripod.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:29:24 AM EDT
Previous posted edited to add pics of twin mounted AKs.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:59:09 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Rhino_66:
There is an AK twin mount that positions the rifles on their sides (gas tube towards each other). I can't find the link for it right now, but I'll keep looking.

There is a little more linkage involved because of the triggers being positioned horizontally instead of vertically, but it doesn't look too hateful.

EDITED TO ADD:

Here are the pics of the conversion I mentioned. I believe these belong to FTF on Gunsnet.

www.gunco.net/gallery/data/500/ak_twin_01.jpg

www.gunco.net/gallery/data/500/ak_twin_02.jpg

www.gunco.net/gallery/data/500/ak_twin_03.jpg

This is a one-off project and you can see the amount of work that went into it. If this were available as a kit, I don't think this would be a cheap. Mucho work = Mucho $$$$$

Daaa-aaa-aaamn! That is NICE!

Any chance of getting some close ups of the linkage?
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:23:39 AM EDT
Sorry, those are the only pics he posted. Look him up on Gunsnet and you may be able to get some closeups of the linkage.

Top Top