Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/18/2006 5:57:45 AM EDT
Has anybody ever tried making a tripod mounted twin AK?  I have seen the kits gatlingguns.com sell and don't really like the look.  Plus, they are expensive.

I have made twin Ruger 10/22's with MG42 stocks that mount on a tripod.  They have cross linked BMR Activators (cranks).

I am thinking of doing something like this with a couple of Romy kits.  These will not have stocks or pistol grips or any wood in the handguards or gas tube.

The mount will not be a problem, though I need to find or make a tripod.

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 1:11:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Here is a pic of my current twins:

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:44:48 PM EDT
[#2]
get one of the cheap tripods from interodnance, they are like 80 bucks and are after ww2 anti aircraft ones. we are using them for the 1919's- so 2 ak's should be no probelmo at all. mike
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:25:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Cpt_kirk, how is the fit and finish of the 10/22 conversion?  I can't stomach the krinker plinker conversion for the 10/22, but the mg42 doesn't really look bad at all.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:34:45 PM EDT
[#4]
There is an AK twin mount that positions the rifles on their sides (gas tube towards each other).  I can't find the link for it right now, but I'll keep looking.

There is a little more linkage involved because of the triggers being positioned horizontally instead of vertically, but it doesn't look too hateful.

EDITED TO ADD:

Here are the pics of the conversion I mentioned.  I believe these belong to FTF on Gunsnet.

This is a one-off project and you can see the amount of work that went into it.  If this were available as a kit, I don't think this would be a cheap.  Mucho work = Mucho $$$$$
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:17:10 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Cpt_kirk, how is the fit and finish of the 10/22 conversion?  I can't stomach the krinker plinker conversion for the 10/22, but the mg42 doesn't really look bad at all.

It's a plastic stock and fits like a glove.  

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:19:52 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
get one of the cheap tripods from interodnance, they are like 80 bucks and are after ww2 anti aircraft ones. we are using them for the 1919's- so 2 ak's should be no probelmo at all. mike

I just sold an MG42 AA tripod with 1919 adapter.  I have an MG42 ground tripod now.  

I may wind up buying another AA tripod.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:29:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Previous posted edited to add pics of twin mounted AKs.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:59:09 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
There is an AK twin mount that positions the rifles on their sides (gas tube towards each other).  I can't find the link for it right now, but I'll keep looking.

There is a little more linkage involved because of the triggers being positioned horizontally instead of vertically, but it doesn't look too hateful.

EDITED TO ADD:

Here are the pics of the conversion I mentioned.  I believe these belong to FTF on Gunsnet.

www.gunco.net/gallery/data/500/ak_twin_01.jpg

www.gunco.net/gallery/data/500/ak_twin_02.jpg

www.gunco.net/gallery/data/500/ak_twin_03.jpg

This is a one-off project and you can see the amount of work that went into it.  If this were available as a kit, I don't think this would be a cheap.  Mucho work = Mucho $$$$$

Daaa-aaa-aaamn!  That is NICE!

Any chance of getting some close ups of the linkage?  
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:23:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Sorry, those are the only pics he posted.  Look him up on Gunsnet and you may be able to get some closeups of the linkage.

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top