Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/16/2006 7:21:26 PM EDT
Looking at this Polish kit from SG and using their zoomable image I'm trying to determine what a certain part they have pictured is. Just above the pistol grip they have two small parts shown. One is the nut used to hold the grip in place, but what is the other one?

www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=235113

I appreciate any help. Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:22:36 PM EDT
To me, it looks like two of the same thing. PG nut.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:56:16 AM EDT
Yup, 2 of the "t nuts".
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 1:43:08 PM EDT

Originally Posted By dalesimpson:
Yup, 2 of the "t nuts".

Nice, must be the one they forgot to include with my kit.
Thanks guys.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:11:55 PM EDT
Was your kit in good condition? I bought a Grade 2 PMKMS and Tantal last summer and I've been toying with buying either a PMKMS or Tantal kit from Sportsman's Guide sometime soon.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:55:28 PM EDT
The kit looks good. The finish is lightly worn on the stock and a little around the muzzle. But everything else looks excellent.

They did short me the cleaning kit, oil bottle, grip nut, and one of the small locking pins for the stock. I haven't heard back from them on that yet.

There are better deals on this kit as I've found, but using their 4-pay plan allows me to sneak this past my wife. The biggest downfall is their kit only includes one mag and no bayonet.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:44:36 PM EDT
I got a polish underfolder kit from SG. Excellent bore and looks like it was rarely fired. But the finish was almost wore clean off! Looked like years of buffing against cloth had done it. It looked like it was carried alot for quite a while by some gaurd somewhere.
A similar kit from Copes for about the same money looked better finish wise and had more accessories.
Top Top