Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/14/2006 6:00:14 PM EDT
Is it possible to build a yugo receiver from a tapco flat or is it possible to modify the yugo parts to work with the tapco flat? I am not familiar with the yugos and wanted to try one of there  cheap kits if I could bend a receiver for it.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 8:25:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 4:54:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, Could the barrel trunion be milled down so I wouldn't have to make the cuts for the bulges?
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:18:12 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Is it possible to build a yugo receiver from a tapco flat or is it possible to modify the yugo parts to work with the tapco flat? I am not familiar with the yugos and wanted to try one of there  cheap kits if I could bend a receiver for it.

The original yugo receiver is 1.5mm thick. So the trunnion and rear tang is thinner than your average ak47. also that bulge on the trunnion should not be milled down. If a cheap kit is what you're looking for, why not try a romy kit? You can use a flat with those without any problems.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:41:38 AM EDT
[#4]
I agree, your going to pay what$89 for a yugo non chromlined so-so kit,or $99-$150 for a nice Romy with achromelined barrel. I just finished using a standard Tapco flat on one of my Yugo kits. I just cut the reciever a little(to match the receiver piece that I took off the trunnion)bent it out alittle to fit the trunnionin place. this build is going to just be a shootable conversation piece. I am going to "stress" the receiver so that it looks beat up like the rest of the kit. for my keeper builds I use Romy or better kits.I'll post pics of it later so you can see how the reciever was cut to fit.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 3:16:58 PM EDT
[#5]
heres some pics of a Yugo build on a Tapco flat. it is a U-drive build,but I put screws in the front lower trunnion. you can see how I cut and modified the front of the receiver.

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 5:47:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks, That answered my questions. I can buy a underfolder for $69.00 or I can pay $139.00 for a complete underfolder yugo kit with a dark bore. I think I will buy the yugo kit and use the underfolder on a romanian kit. Then use the remaining parts for a beater.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top