Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/10/2006 2:54:15 PM EDT
Ok, I got my Romy kit all rivets are off except the front trunion. Here's the question:
Do you pull the barrel only to get to the top two rivets? I have the bottom one punched out on both sides.
I was wondering if you could just carefully drill through the top two to avoid pulling the barrel. I guess you would eventually have to pull the barrel to put the top two rivets on each side back in? I have a puller so I guess I'll go try to figure out how to attach it to the barrel to pull it.
The handguards/stock are soaking in some bleach water and will be ready for some stain soon!
TIA
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:20:33 PM EDT
If you are planning on doing a 100% rivet build, you'll need to pull the barral to install the top rivets. I imagine you could bypass the barrel pull, drill those rivets out, then use screws just for them and rivets for all the others. I recommend pulling the barrel and doing the rivet ; It's easy to pull the barrel and repress it back once you're done. Another option is to use U-drive screws. This is mentioned in a thread titled "Easiest Build..." I am planning on trying this method out as soon as my order arrives.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:39:42 AM EDT
Pull the frikkin barrel. It's not hard. Just be SURE to soak that sucker with Kroil (or whatever peels your banana) with multiple applications over 48 hours. Then use a gear/pulley puller. That way you are really pulling the trunion off the barrel.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:53:23 PM EDT
ive removed 7 barrels using a hammer with the front trunion cradled in my vice
Top Top