Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/2/2006 7:36:03 PM EDT
Am interested in assemblying a Romanian kit but have never built an AK before. Can someone explain what the advantages are to single & double hook triggers? Their costs appear to be the same. I'd also like to know the meaning behind Tapco's "G2" designation for their fcg. TIA.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:04:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow.  It's been almost a whole week since the last thread on this subject.....I think that might be a new record!
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:13:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the helpful reply Eyegun, I'll keep searching through the past posts.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:23:47 PM EDT
[#3]
it kind of depends on what is "correct" for your AK.  different countries/dates make the difference.  you can usually use either though. i would replace the whole trigger/hammer group at the same time if you switch.  i think the double hook is more rigid of a design.

btw.  the single hook seems to bumpfire easier.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:27:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I find that the double hooks give a smoother trigger pull.  G2 stands for Gordon (or is it Gorden?) Technologies 2nd generation.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:14:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Buy the double and if you dont like it, cut off the extra side.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:38:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:42:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Thank you all for the information, it's much appreciated. When I first heard the term, I wasn't sure if perhaps one version was for use on full auto guns, and didn't want to run amuck of the law. Now that I know it's simply a matter of personal preference, I'll replace the entire fcg and go with a double hook.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top