Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/31/2005 4:08:27 PM EDT
THE BOLT CARRIER HANGS ON THE HAMMER WHEN CYCLEING FORWARD.  I REMEMBER AN OLD POST WHERE SOMEONE GROUND SOME MATERIAL OFF OF THE HAMMER TO CORRECT THE PROBLEM. SHOULD I DO THIS? ANY OTHER IDEAS? THANKS
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 4:22:13 PM EDT
[#1]
If it only does it when you ride the carrier forward I wouldn't worry about it.  Pull the bolt carrier assembly all the way to the rear and let it fly, it should ride right over the hammer.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 5:03:58 PM EDT
[#2]
It does it when I let it fly or shoot it. not every time but maybe one in every five.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:06:44 AM EDT
[#3]
buy a us fcg
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:10:20 AM EDT
[#4]
did i say that      

what i ment to say was buy a us fcg LOL

ok ok get yourself a g2 double hook
if your rec wont take a double hook remove 1 of the hooks
but the double hook holds the hammer alittle lower and will fix your prob
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:52:56 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a US g2 fcg.  I am going to put some rounds through it today. Maybe it will fix itself.  Thanks for everyones help
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:51:27 PM EDT
[#6]
i get ask that question alot
and usally its cause someone is trying to use the orig fcg and its alittle bigger

if your already have a g2 your carrier is to tight in the rec
need to do alittle file work
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:18:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd lightly file the rails and polish the hammer.  I had to take a little off of the ejector also.  This took care of the majority of my problems.  After that, a magazine or 2 of ammo will have everything working properly.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:41:36 PM EDT
[#8]
I did some more file work and after 30 rounds everything seems to be working great. thanks for all the help.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top