Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2005 11:14:47 AM EDT
anyone know how long the l1a1 fal flash hider is and how it attachs ?

i need a 6 inch flash hider for a special build im doing
if anyone has the tools to make 1 or knows someone who has the tools
let me know

i cant finish my build without it
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:19:40 PM EDT
[#1]
i think they attach with 9/16 left hand thread, i'm not positive though. it should be very close to 6''. i'm doing somthing similar for an amd65 extension, i'm trying to get an m60,m1a or dragunov flashider to work.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:50:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Socandyman, I have access to an L1A1 and the 5 slot FH measures 5 1/2" long (not the desired 6").  At one time I did some research on these with the thought of buying/converting/making it compliant, and my  understanding is that the threads are 9/16-24 RH, but I have not personally taken one apart to verify it.
Wasn't there someone on the boards who made these for Ak builds? Not sure of what you intend, but if you can find that individuals link you may be able to order what you want.
Good luck.

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:00:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm not sure if you've seen this or if this helps:

gunco link
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:10:03 PM EDT
[#4]
rickmiller
hooked me up with 1
its gonna mke my wanna be rommy krink look kickass
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top