Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2005 6:29:23 PM EDT
I've done 3 other builds.  2 romys and an AMD.  I had no trouble getting the pins out and the barrel pushed easy.  I'm working on a Yugo underfolder for my son, his Christmas present.  We're building it together.  This barrel was tight, really tight.  I broke through 3 pennies and put a place on the chamber.  It's not a big place but it does keep the case from going all the way in the chamber.
Any ideas would be appreciated.  I've thought about a dremmel but am not sure I want to try that.  What about a chamber reamer?  Would that ream the out side of the beginning of the chamber?

thanks for the help in advance.
mark
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:26:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Tried the dremmel anyway and it worked great.  I used on of the little stones that was tapered so it wouldn't touch up in the chamber.  Went slow and got it after several times.
Round falls in now and doesn' t stick.  Compared it to another and it matches perfectly.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 10:11:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:43:18 AM EDT
[#3]
How about some pics?
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top