Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/24/2005 8:15:06 PM EDT
I have a 5.45 bulgarian krink kit I want to build. This will be my first build but have access to a machine shop and some skilled machinists to help. I also have alot of experience in gunsmithing too so I'm sure that'll help also.

I want to know who makes the best receiver to use for this. I'm sure people have built these before with either pure success or complete failure. Tell me what worked best for you and also feel free to share your experiences and any "tips" too.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 3:16:51 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I have a 5.45 bulgarian krink kit I want to build.

I want to know who makes the best receiver to use for this.
Thanks!

You can use any of the available receivers for the ak74 (5.45).
However, the best receiver would be either the global trades (Which is backordered for 4-6 weeks), or you can wait till Harlan at DCI starts to sell their new more authentic looking (I hope) receivers in a few more weeks......
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 3:35:25 AM EDT
[#2]
thats not a first time build rifle
get yourself a rommy and build that first
the best teacher is failure
not to say your gonna fail but your gonna have an oh shit or 3 and it better to have it on a cheap rifle and not a 1500 rifle

now that i got that out of the way
the global is easy to build on (almost no fitting)
the oow is alittle harder (fair amount of fitting)

personally i like the feel of the oow alot better i think it makes a more stout ak
and it cycles alot smoother

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 3:39:12 AM EDT
[#3]
thought i should add that my feelings arnt shared by many
most would say the global is better
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 6:49:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys.

Also another question, are these receivers available with the holes cut out for the push-button on the folding stock?
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:04:51 AM EDT
[#5]
I just biult an AK74 and the global trades reciever was almost perfect fitment wise....only had to file a tiny bit on each side at the back of the magwell to let the mag slide in. Unless you have metal work experience I too would recommend biulding a cheaper kit first.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:07:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks. Yes I do have metal work experience but I also know a few others too if I need help.

I'm guessing that I will need to use the 1.0mm receiver or can I use the 1.6mm one? Sounds like what I need is the 1.0mm.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 10:39:16 AM EDT
[#7]
the 1.6 makes a great rifle
but its not a good rec to start with
for a good builder its still a total pita
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:57:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the advice.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top