Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/13/2005 4:21:17 AM EDT
Since this is a pistol build and I'm not restricted to compliance parts, how does one modify the full auto fcg to semi auto use only?  Can I match up the components from a US kit to the corresponding FA part and just dremel away?  I'd like to save my US parts for a rifle build.

Thanks.

PS--Pics would help if they've already been taken,,,thnx
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 8:24:55 AM EDT
[#1]
I would say just dremel away, but I don't think there is going to be much dremelling to do except if you want to grind the little "tit" off the disconnector.  
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 8:34:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I thought that as long as the holes for the FA parts were left undrilled, you were good to go.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 10:36:52 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I thought that as long as the holes for the FA parts were left undrilled, you were good to go.

That is correct.  With the AK we can posess the full auto parts as long as we don't have any of our rifles with the "evil 3rd hole" in the receiver.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 10:50:21 AM EDT
[#4]
grind the "tit" off the disconect as it can cause probs with function
other than that dont worrie about it

if you have 1 find yourself a bulgi fcg you can tell by the finish
just dont use the amd fcg as they are possibly the worst you will ever find and make even the century groups feel nice
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 7:49:04 PM EDT
[#5]
....just dont use the amd fcg as they are possibly the worst you will ever find and make even the century groups feel nice

Great...another 1999 SAR1.  What about a Romy fcg?  I've got one lying around.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 8:30:44 PM EDT
[#6]
ive never tryed the rommy's
i usally save the bulgi fcg's and thats what i use if i dont install a us
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 1:40:42 PM EDT
[#7]
ORF is selling Bulgarian FCG's for $15, if you really want one.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top