Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:07:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:16:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm glad I ordered one of the DCI's
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 10:09:21 AM EDT
[#3]
I should have a Global Trades/ Armory USA receiver on the way.  That is to say, if the USPS delivered my FFL to Galveston and didn't "lose" it in the hurricane...

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 12:30:57 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Help me out here. Are we talking about Armory USA going out of business? Or DPH or Ewbanks? Or is "Armory" refering to another company?

The reason I ask is that the receiver I got from Armory USA *was* in excellent shape, no leaning or deformed areas at all. Everything fit like a glove. I was thinking about ordering from them again.

All wrong, read the title.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 1:01:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I understand the subject is about Greenlight arms. My question was in relation to a post that has since been edited (by Quarterbore?, don't remember now). That posting concerned the discussion between JimTH and BulletBait.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 1:29:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Wow!!!  That is pure shit.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:46:59 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Compare it to any other US receiver, and it's excellent.  The pics of the Ewbanks showed the axis pin holes were deformed from the bending.    You've seen what was posted in this thread.  A little lean and a few burrs are excellent compared to the other options!

No disagreement there. But I still prefer to compare what we can use for a build to the originals.

If DCI's up coming AKM receivers are as nice as their Yugo's, they will have all my business.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:07:13 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Compare it to any other US receiver, and it's excellent.  The pics of the Ewbanks showed the axis pin holes were deformed from the bending.    You've seen what was posted in this thread.  A little lean and a few burrs are excellent compared to the other options!

No disagreement there. But I still prefer to compare what we can use for a build to the originals.

If DCI's up coming AKM receivers are as nice as their Yugo's, they will have all my business.

Mine too. My DCI Yugo underfolder receiver is just as advertised, and the price was very fair, and they delivered when they said they would.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:13:02 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I understand the subject is about Greenlight arms. My question was in relation to a post that has since been edited (by Quarterbore?, don't remember now). That posting concerned the discussion between JimTH and BulletBait.

Sorry, yea I removed my post as I had misread the posts before me and thought it was implied that a few bent rails and burs made for an excellent receiver...  I had implied that I have an excellent 10-year old truck with 125K miles I would sell as EXCELLENT if that was the case...

This receiver sucks...  no contest...  All of my home built flats look much better then this POS...  
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:29:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Just to clarify, I'm talking about a Global Trades/Armory USA receiver.  I built up a Romanian kit on it.  At the time that I bought it, and even now as far as I know, they are the best option for a 100% receiver.  In the receiver review, it was stated that Ewbanks was going to fix the axis pin hole thing and the other issues they had.  (I didn't like the drain holes either now that I think about it).  If they fix their outstanding issues, then they could easily move to #1.  It'll be too late for me though, I have my second and most likely last Armory receiver ordered already.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:41:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeh JimTh, GreenRedlight is toast and Ohio Ordnance is just spot hardened.

I'd say that it is a tossup between GT an Ewbanks right now.

The thing that gets me is that they are both incorrect differently.

Why did Ewbanks go through the trouble to make rail stamping and heat treat dies but then just use a Tapco flat? That kills me.

Is Greenlight totaly shut down and just mailing the left overs or simply slow with low-quality
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:31:09 AM EDT
[#12]
i just finished building on a global trades reciver and had no problems,. i was super impressed with the 5.45 reciver i first got i ordered another plus two 7.62 recivers.

i cant speak for other companys,... but if i dont want to take the time to build the reciver myself im gonna go with a global trades 1mm
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:03:53 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Not to side track the thread, but in what ways are they incorrect?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:03:56 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not to side track the thread, but in what ways are they incorrect?

Read this thread here
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:14:55 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Read this thread here

Got it, thanks BulletBait. Damn you guys are hard core. Don't get me wrong though, I appreciate your dedication. I have two receivers, one made by Ohio Ordnance, and the other by Armory USA. After reading that posting I'd give the nod to Armory USA over Ohio Ordnance. But even the Armory USA receiver would in no way satisfy those on the above thread.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 4:50:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Took the plunge this week and got to work on number 1 of 200 kits I have... and the first flat I ever bent looks better than what Greenlight sold you!  Fit the trunions today and will have rails spot welded in and rivets done in next few days...

Link Posted: 10/1/2005 11:36:50 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Took the plunge this week and got to work on number 1 of 200 kits I have... and the first flat I ever bent looks better than what Greenlight sold you!  Fit the trunions today and will have rails spot welded in and rivets done in next few days...

www.semiautosten.com/hosted/akbentflat.jpg

Yeah...that looks a helluva lot better than what I got..

I got a Ewbanks today and it is not a Tapco flat from what I can tell and looks even better than the Global. It is even bead-blasted too!!!
Rails don't seem to need cutting and grinding like the Globals do.........seem to be the right width!! Will send pics later.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:43:22 PM EDT
[#18]
sir, I am a true blue monkey with a hammer cant even build a dog house that dont leak. I made my first ak receiver from complete scratch with never weding before bought a wire feed and spot welder. I thought mine was a p.o.s well I feel better now. sad a dumb monkey like me never welded and I did better! just appalling looks like they just wanted your money to me

[BS2
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:52:04 PM EDT
[#19]
My WASR looks 1000% better then that shit.  Wow man I feel for ya.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:24:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Any luck with that photo of the Ewbanks receiver?

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:16:36 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Any luck with that photo of the Ewbanks receiver?

thanks,
Ron

Ooops....I took them and forgot to post them. Will try to get them on tonight.
Just built a E.German on on one and it went together the easiest of the three.

spiff..........ALL receivers will take some work it's just a matter of which one will take the least, and depending on your kit that is subject to change. Sounds like most people are haveing INDIVIDUAL experiences, nothing consistant about AK manufacture to begin with.
I have 10 Ewbanks coming in and may can get a quality check from that lot for consistancy.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:18:12 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I was pretty happy with my Armory receiver.  It leaned a little to one side and had a few burrs on the rails.  Aside from that, excellent.
DPH is now selling "Ewbanks" receivers that might be ok.  After the review of them, I wouldn't buy them, but some people were saying that they would.

Quoted:
So where the hell do you get good 100% recievers?

Hes talking about Armory receivers not the Greenlight. Or atleast I HOPE so. Anyone who would consider MrKrinks receivers excellent would need their head examined.

Krink what did those things cost you?

Which ones?? The Greenlight or the Ewbanks? The Ewbanks are GREAT!!!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top