Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2003 5:22:12 PM EDT
Seems like I heard of a method to convert a EG 5.45 so that it will sort of work with 5.56 ammo. Econfina is dropping by with a 5.56 AK and we wanted to test fire it, and I could not find any weiger mags locally.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 9:32:11 PM EDT
[#1]
You need to dremel the feedlips so it clears the 5.56 shoulder and replace the follower w/ a Robinson Arms. Do these two things and youll have 100% .223 AK reliable mags.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 9:34:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Also there are several variations on the .223 Ak, the one I described will work on the euro pattern (small bolt) guns, should also work on the bulgy guns.  Have heard these will work in chinese guns and galils but might need some more tweaking. Goodluck.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 9:59:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Thank you Keller, I will give it a try.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top