Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2003 9:02:18 AM EDT
I'm trying to figure out where to bend the top lips/rails for my 80% receiver.  It's the Hesse flat from JoeKen.  Can somebody please give me a measurement from a point on the side of the receiver like a trunnion rivet hole or an axis pin to the crease?  Or, the width of the rail on a stamped AK?

My plan is to first bend the upper lips, then fold the sides up.  For folding the sides I went to Home Depot and picked up a 1 1/4" metal flat.  I drilled it to bolt to the botton of the receiver.  Had to grind out a little depression for the ramp that protrudes down forward of the mag well.  Also radiused the metal a bit where the mag dimples are for clearance.  I intend to bolt flat steel to the sides before folding so that I  don't warp the metal.

Any help or tips welcome and greatly appreciated!
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 4:09:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 1:05:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.  I looked around for a decent SAR but gave up after seeing five crappy ones.  Guess I need to go take a closer look.
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 3:16:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top