Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2003 4:52:15 PM EDT
I've got pre-ban folding stock and fixed stock Hungarian AKs with FEG receivers and notice both have considerable front to back and some side to side play when the mag is inserted.  It has never caused any feeding or firing problems.  It's just irritating to hear a metal AK mag rattling in the mag well when carried.

I have just had a Polish PMKMS parts kit built on an FEG receiver.  The same thing.  There is a some play of the mag in the mag well, but nothing to cause any problems.  Is this normal in Hungarian AK's?

I've got numerous pre-ban Chinese rifles and some have more play in the mag well than others. One pre-ban Norinco bakelite side folder has a similar problem, but another Polytech underfolder I have does not.

What's the general thought on this??? How about rifles built with OOW receivers.  Any similar problems?
Regards,
OH58D
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 2:30:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Front to back wobble depends on where the trunion was riveted. I don't have any complaints on side to side wobble with either the FEG or OOW receivers. My only thought would be a 5.45 kit built on a 7.62 receiver. That is very loose.

Mike
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 3:01:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Ya didn't say what type of AK mags your using, most of my Hungarian and East German 20 and 30 round mags fit fairly well in my FEG receivered SA-85M, (7.62x39) only slight wobble.

I have noticed Chinese mags, flop considerably, but still function 100%, guess that's why I don't own any of them, that and the fact that non-Chinese mags appear stouter.

Mike
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 4:38:17 AM EDT
[#3]
The mags I am using are standard east bloc 30 round metal mags with the rib in the back.  I've tried the Bulgarian Waffles and get the same wobble, but of course no rattling sound.

OH58D
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top