BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2003 4:20:08 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 3:35:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Ditto, it was great to meet both of you guys.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 7:31:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Campy -

It was nice to meet both you and mg34ss.  I don't know if you saw his krink, but its beautiful.  And as much of a incompetent oaf as I am, mg34ss convinced me to try building an AK.  I just hope I don't drive him insane with the inevitable flood of stupid questions I'm going to hit him with.

Link Posted: 7/2/2003 12:18:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Meeting you guys was the hi point of the trip. It was rewarding to finally meet the folks behind the names.  I just wish I could have spent more time with each of you.  
  Shaggy, I will set up your trunion and barrel if you need it.  If you're only building one, the press is an unjustifiable expense.  The rest is easy.  Get that Krink kit or whatever you wish to build soon.  Kits will dry up!  I wish you lived closer.  You have a passion for this equipment and a thirst for knowledge. Whatever you build, it will be great.
  Damn Yankee, I wish I could have spent more time talking to you.  It was too brief.
  And YOU Bob.  I got the biggest kick out of your description of building the semi-1919A4 plate.  CNC wire EDM.  Checking flatness on the surface plate. Etc.  Not much like mine.  Cut the plate with a band saw and screwed it together with 1/4-20 button head cap screws.  I have a mill that wobbles straight on good days.  No power feed.  I can't keep up with you!  
 It was over too soon.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 5:10:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 7:30:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Just in case there was a question, I managed to get a few good shots of that home grown RPK. I really hope that you were kidding about not being able to make a return trip next year. I would have enjoyed myself more if I had been able to spend more time just visiting.

Yeah, Rotdorn is smiling at the craftsmanship.

Link Posted: 7/4/2003 12:12:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Wooo! Nice pics.  You and Rotdorn were the two guys I didn't get to talk to at all.  I really missed my one chance to speak with you and I regret the lost opportunity.  I'd like to come again.  There are some things that would have to be different.  I'd have to be able to reserve a line spot, it would have to be two days, not one.  It was just too much driving for one day. It's a long way from Maine.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 5:57:39 PM EDT
[#7]
And it is a long haul from Elvis Town, I think the time was 12 hours. But, I'll do it again, as long as Bob keeps it going. This was our second year and we were able to meet up with 10x the folks as last year. Next year I hope that we can do much better than that. If I had known you were needing space, Barry and I would have made room. I hope that we can get together next year. I had more fun talking to everyone than the actual shooting.
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 2:54:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top