Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/19/2003 1:19:47 PM EDT
Hi everyone , need a lead on a 7.62X39 receiver for the above mentioned Kit, I know I can use a FEG, but really looking for a stripped down pre-ban one. Or in worse case scenario , what the best receivers' post ban out there to complete Kit ???
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 1:31:36 PM EDT
[#1]
www.ohioordnanceworks.com/parts/parts.htm

You will want the AKM receiver.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 1:36:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Anyone have any experiences with ohio's stuff ??
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 8:17:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Two things...

You will be hard pressed to find an Pre-Ban Ak-47 that was stripped so that you can just buy a stripped Pre-Ban stamped AK receiver!  You will likely need to buy a pre-ban if that is what you want to do!  Personally, I am hoping the crime bill dies so I can build on a new stamped receiver...

As for the OOWs receivers, I have two of these that I recently purchased.  I can not advise about how well they go together as I am waiting to see what the crime bill does.  I have read online that you can't use just any AKM receiver as some have manufacturer and serial numbers where your underfolder needs to go.  The OOWs receivers do no have that problem.

As an aside, I had my OOW receivers transfered to me on my federal andstate forms as an AKM PISTOL RECEIVER!  This way I can legally build as an Rifle or Pistol and if the crime bill doesn't die I may build one of them as an AOW!

Good Luck!
QB
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top