Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2002 8:24:14 PM EDT
Got my FSB for my SAR2 from K-Var today and, DOH, the holes for the pins dont go all the way through.

I need someone within reasonable range of Everett to bore them out for me. The dia is about 1/16th of an inch, probably a little thicker than the diameter of the lead in a No2 pencil.

All the gunsmiths around here will take weeks, and charge an arm and a leg. I'm not adverse to paying for the service, but $30 for two measily little holes that take ten seconds and no skill on a drill press?

Any Mr.Fixits out there who can help me?

Thanks,

Ryan
Link Posted: 10/31/2002 5:06:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/31/2002 2:39:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Campybob, you're a great asset.

Unfortunatly I realy dont have the money or space for big tools, I have a lot of stuff at my dads house, but thats a thousand miles away, and its all packed away. I might even have a press and a good drill there.

Anyhow, thanks for the rest of the info. I'll just have to make due with having the holes drilled out by a third party and doing the rest the Pakistani way.

Regards,

Ryan

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top