Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/13/2017 12:52:38 PM EDT
On a very lightly used "G" kit with matching numbers and original attached barrel, is it necessary to check headspace before it is built?  I just sold a nice kit and the buyer made a big deal about checking the headspace on the barrel which was still attached to the receiver stub.  He took the bolt put a headspace gauge in it then fit it into the barrel and wiggled it.  He then declared it to be ok.  I have built several rifles in the past and had always thought that with a matching kit with the original barrel, that headspace was not an issue.  Can someone enlighten me?  
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 1:37:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top