BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 7:48:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Super lube grease. Usable in machinery that handles food. So safe to handle but crazy slick and stays put.
Link Posted: 8/17/2019 1:53:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Slip 2000 ewl 30
And slip grease
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 1:06:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Slip ewl or tw25b
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 9:57:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I was going to give CherryBalmz a try but my order never showed up. How does ALG Go-Juice compare?
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 12:05:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was going to give CherryBalmz a try but my order never showed up. How does ALG Go-Juice compare?
View Quote
What do you mean your order never showed up? Did you contact them? Mine took about 5 days to ship.

I've been testing it for about 2 months now in 2 different ARs. It's going to be a keeper for me.
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 12:11:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Another vote for Slip 2000 EWL
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 2:21:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Breakfree LP, it's more viscous than CLP and it retains its lubricity since it contains only lube and preservatives but no cleaning solvent.

Originally formulated for military auto cannons.
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 9:12:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

What do you mean your order never showed up? Did you contact them? Mine took about 5 days to ship.

I've been testing it for about 2 months now in 2 different ARs. It's going to be a keeper for me.
View Quote
It was flagged as delivered but I never got it. Canada Post said that the seller should make a claim and send me a new one, but it's been over a week now and CherryBalmz isn't replying to my emails.
Link Posted: 8/21/2019 4:57:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It was flagged as delivered but I never got it. Canada Post said that the seller should make a claim and send me a new one, but it's been over a week now and CherryBalmz isn't replying to my emails.
View Quote
Canada, eh? It's been a while since I've had to ship something to Canada. Not saying it isn't or is Cherrybalmz fault...but hopefully they will make it right. I know they typically ship via USPS.
Link Posted: 8/21/2019 10:53:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Canada, eh? It's been a while since I've had to ship something to Canada. Not saying it isn't or is Cherrybalmz fault...but hopefully they will make it right. I know they typically ship via USPS.
View Quote
It's not their fault, it was lost during shipping. Hopefully they'll make it right since they already have my money. Unfortunately, it's been over a week and they aren't returning emails.
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 11:07:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

It's not their fault, it was lost during shipping. Hopefully they'll make it right since they already have my money. Unfortunately, it's been over a week and they aren't returning emails.
View Quote
[email protected]

Not sure what email you are using. If you haven't already, try that one.
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 9:17:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

[email protected]

Not sure what email you are using. If you haven't already, try that one.
View Quote
That's what I'm using. He replied when I first told him it didn't show and he said to contact the carrier first. I did and emailed him the results. He's been ignoring my emails ever since.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 3:52:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Shooter's Choice FP-10
MPro-7 LPX
Valvoline full synthetic grease
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 12:03:33 AM EDT
[#14]
I started a Mil-Comm thread here for this exact reason, facts vs fiction.  A CLP vs. C LP has to compromise due to the C not playing nice with the LP, simple lubrication chemistry.  Having said that, I have tested one CLP and now the MC C and LP synthetic grease and oil.  I am happy with my limited experience, others have more.  Will continue to share what I find, going to stick to MC until I empty current tubes.
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 8:26:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Slip 2000 ewl 30 weight stays put really well, and their grease is even better for some applications like the carrier rails. With that said, I had greased the wife's Mossberg 500 with TW25B, put it away and it never got shot. 15 years later I pulled it out to clean it just because, and it was still just as slick and lubed as it had been when I first cleaned it all those years before. I had a hard time remembering what I had lubed it with until I saw the white grease still on areas that I hadn't wiped off the excess.
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 8:29:02 PM EDT
[#16]
So far as the ALG lube, it works, but DO NOT mix it with any petroleum based lube, as it will turn hard and tacky.
Link Posted: 9/30/2019 4:56:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Nest I have found to date is Weapin Shield!
Link Posted: 10/2/2019 3:19:49 PM EDT
[#18]
My personal favorite is Slip 2000 EWL. I find it to be long lasting and very efficient. That being said, there are a lot of great products out there.
Link Posted: 10/7/2019 6:33:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
One of the Mil-Comm products such as MC3000 or TW25B.
View Quote
That is what my research suggested, I just purchased the MC kit (cleaner, oil, grease).  Apparently one of few products that sticks but does not attract dust for high round systems (400+ per minute)… I did apply it to my new LE6920, have not fired yet but will when I return from North Africa.  I like how the oil absorbs but does not seem greasy... internals depend on application but many in the know rave about MC, why I tried it as a rookie.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 12:16:33 AM EDT
[#20]
And oil new firearms lube products. Love it
Link Posted: 10/24/2019 9:39:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
So far as the ALG lube, it works, but DO NOT mix it with any petroleum based lube, as it will turn hard and tacky.
View Quote
Do you know if it's safe to mix their light grease with their Go Juice?
Link Posted: 10/25/2019 11:30:56 AM EDT
[#22]
ALG Go-Juice 0000 thin grease.

Go watch the videos on Youtube.  It's a Geiselle offshoot so there's some good DNA there.
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 11:42:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Lucas Gun Oil
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 1:55:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Militec-1
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 12:07:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Lubriplate MAG-00. Semifluid grade 00 grease. LSA substitute. $17/quart
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 12:21:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Lubriplate MAG-00. Semifluid grade 00 grease. LSA substitute. $17/quart
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 6:10:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 10:05:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Mobile 1 synthetic
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 12:43:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

That's what I'm using. He replied when I first told him it didn't show and he said to contact the carrier first. I did and emailed him the results. He's been ignoring my emails ever since.
View Quote
Wow. Glad I read this entire thread before ordering cherry balmz or whatever it’s called. I can’t stand guys who don’t understand the simple concept that it’s THEIR job as the seller to get you what you paid for. The SELLER buys package insurance to protect themselves, not the buyer. Because they buyer will and should just contact their credit card/bank/PayPal and get the money back. The seller gets reimbursed by the shipping company.

Irritates the fuck out of me when sellers put it on the customer to contact the shipping company and pay for insurance. Uh, no, I’m not paying to protect you.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 5:41:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Wow. Glad I read this entire thread before ordering cherry balmz or whatever it’s called. I can’t stand guys who don’t understand the simple concept that it’s THEIR job as the seller to get you what you paid for. The SELLER buys package insurance to protect themselves, not the buyer. Because they buyer will and should just contact their credit card/bank/PayPal and get the money back. The seller gets reimbursed by the shipping company.

Irritates the fuck out of me when sellers put it on the customer to contact the shipping company and pay for insurance. Uh, no, I’m not paying to protect you.
View Quote
That is NOT at all how it goes every time. In my younger days, I managed the shipping department of a distributor where we shipped out $20k day in small packages. We were doing over $150k / year with UPS, FedEx, and USPS and they will try to fuck you every chance you get. The recipient should make contact first and have the carrier put a trace on it if the package is MIA. They won't do shit till about a week has passed. Then they eventually admit fault...then the shipper can start a claim...if there is insurance! Lots of ifs.

You shouldn't rush to judgement just because of one instance here that is most likely solved.

I've been using CherryBalmz for awhile now and have made several purchases. No issues whatsoever.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 5:52:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Cherry Balmz- will shoot when hot and dirty and stays put...(jeez that describes my wife)
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 6:19:30 PM EDT
[#32]
I started using ALG go juice recently. They have a very thin grease as well as an oil.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 2:28:28 AM EDT
[#33]
Wilson combat grease
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 6:00:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Slick2000 EWL and EWG.

Other stuff is good, but this is what I use.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 6:38:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Valvoline Modern Engine full synthetic 0/20w oil. Goes on everything, thin enough to seep into recesses yet thick enough to stay on and lubricate moving parts for a long time. Put some in twist top dropper bottles I got from a gun show....the same bottles that CLP comes in in the issued M16/M4 cleaning kits. They work great and do not leak.

Wilson Combat Ultima Lube grease. Goes in my pistol slides where they ride the frame interface. Works great, slicker than snot....I think it's a lithium based grease as it is an off white color. It comes in a small tube with a plunger on one end and a skinny plastic needle point on the other that allows you to put the small bead of grease right where you want it without making a mess.

Hoppes Benchrest solvent for cleaning the barrels. Good solvent that is great at knocking out the powder residue and copper fouling. Makes a dirty job quick and painless with a soaked brush and a few passes with patches.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 2:02:21 PM EDT
[#36]
It really doesn’t matter.

That said, I used FP10, and now use Weaponshield. It’s good stuff, and Fennell is local to me.
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 2:00:55 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

That is NOT at all how it goes every time. In my younger days, I managed the shipping department of a distributor where we shipped out $20k day in small packages. We were doing over $150k / year with UPS, FedEx, and USPS and they will try to fuck you every chance you get. The recipient should make contact first and have the carrier put a trace on it if the package is MIA. They won't do shit till about a week has passed. Then they eventually admit fault...then the shipper can start a claim...if there is insurance! Lots of ifs.

You shouldn't rush to judgement just because of one instance here that is most likely solved.

I've been using CherryBalmz for awhile now and have made several purchases. No issues whatsoever.
View Quote
Oh, no argument there. They will try to scam their way out of fault. But like you said, it eventually is in the shippers hands to deal with it. So the shipper needs to insurance. Not the buyer. The buyer will just ask to get sent a new product it get their money back and PayPal and all of the credit cards will back the buyer.

That’s why I never got seller who think they are done with the transaction once they ship. I try saving people a headache by telling them.

But like you said, it’s one instance so I said fuck it and got some. It’s sitting in front of my right now. It definitely smells like cherries lol. Going to put in on my Glock for starters.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 10:22:56 AM EDT
[#38]
SuperLube is great, it's my go to grease, mix a little oil in and it's extremely similar to CB, can make it thick or thin.

Lucas gun oil is some good stuff, it works like synthetic motor oil without the smell.

For AR's, semi auto centerfires rifle & pistol, pump and auto shotguns pretty much everything besides tight bolt actions and  picky .22lr's. I have been using and really liking Joe Gibbs High Viscosity Lube, Driven HVL

It stays in place very well even in high round days or months of storage, guns operate slick and smooth, fouling stays suspended and soft for easy cleanup.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 9:14:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Couple of questions here regarding this CherryBalmz you guys speak of, and also Lucas Extreme Duty Gun Oil (the blueish green stuff)

Has anyone found CherryBalmz to become sticky or tacky after long periods of storage?

Has anyone noticed that Lucas Extreme Duty gun oil has basically no smell in the bottle, but for some reason when you get it on your fingers it instantly develops a very gunpowder-like smell? I'm talking a serious gunpowder smell. I tested this on number of peoples hands/skin, none of which had recently fired or handled a weapon of any type. Its quite odd actually, but maybe someone had an explanation.

Finally, if anyone has done any unscientific testing between Geisselle GoJuice and CherryBalmz, I'd be interested in your results.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 11:38:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Couple of questions here regarding this CherryBalmz you guys speak of, and also Lucas Extreme Duty Gun Oil (the blueish green stuff)

Has anyone found CherryBalmz to become sticky or tacky after long periods of storage?

Has anyone noticed that Lucas Extreme Duty gun oil has basically no smell in the bottle, but for some reason when you get it on your fingers it instantly develops a very gunpowder-like smell? I'm talking a serious gunpowder smell. I tested this on number of peoples hands/skin, none of which had recently fired or handled a weapon of any type. Its quite odd actually, but maybe someone had an explanation.

Finally, if anyone has done any unscientific testing between Geisselle GoJuice and CherryBalmz, I'd be interested in your results.
View Quote
I fought it off for a while now but I’m totally drinking the Cherrybalmz koolaid now.

I have the field balm and the black rifle balm. It does not become sticky or tacky. After it sits it seems to have way less phase separation than anything else I’ve used....Slip, TW25B, etc.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 4:04:56 PM EDT
[#41]
I've used CherryBalmz with no issues in temps down to 15 F, picked up some Slip 2000 EWL recently as I needed some kind of CLP as well, I'm liking it - stays where you put it, cleans well, lubricates well.
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 6:44:58 AM EDT
[#42]
Slip 2000 EWL is my go to
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 8:06:08 AM EDT
[#43]
TW25B
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 8:34:27 AM EDT
[#44]
Mobil 1 full syn 10w-30
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 10:41:31 AM EDT
[#45]
Still using

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/super-s-cotton-picker-spindle-grease-00

Designed to flow only when warmed up.  I stays put.  I clean my firearms so cannot say it goes a 1000 rounds.  It’s cheap enough I wipe off and replace whereas cherry balmz costs so much I would leave it.  At the risk of left soot and Unburned powder attracting moisture from our humid summer air.  No, I will still cheap out.

Not as dialed in as cherry balmz but close in viscosity and no health hazards from heating up a Teflon lube.  The owner of cherry balmz was good in that big thread to discuss the other considerations we forget about.  I am all done with Teflon lubes in my gun’s thanks to him.   I used a few tubes of tetragrease and will never use it when it gets heated again.

So my cheap standards are Mobil 0 weight synthetic oil, 00 cornhead grease, and I spend my money on copper solvents like shooter’s choice and Wipe Out but have decided I want to give Boretec a try.

Oh and I am still using Ed’s red for general cleaning.

Link Posted: 3/21/2020 11:06:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Since my supply of left over issued CLP is dwindling down to my last few ounces, I've been looking for a suitable replacement that will clean, lube and protect. Up until this weekend I have been using 5W Rotella T6, and it is a helluva lube and nothing will rust with it, but it is lacking as a cleaner, and I normally have some left over from when I change the oil in my truck. Well, since I also shoot black powder, both muzzleloaders and cartridge rifles, I bought a can of Ballistol to use in cleaning those. On a whim I cleaned and relubed my A4 to try the Ballistol, just because I like to experiment. Not only did that A4 run perfectly, as they always do, the bolt stayed wet, and this next part really blew me a way, I have never in 32 years of cleaning dirty AR type rifles, had one that cleaned up so easily. Every trace of carbon wiped easily away with a rag and Qtips. No brushing and no scraping. All the fouling was soft or liquidy.

And to solidify my new found love for this stuff, I just cleaned a 50 year old .22 I've had for a while, that up to this point has been a basket case. Dark sewer pipe for a bore, big 25 yd groups. 1 wet patch and a bore brush pulled thru after a few minutes and I found the bore was leaded up pretty bad. It now looks bright and shiney. I literally pulled large flakes of lead out that Hoppes, CLP, RemOil, Frog lube oil and a couple other would never touch.

I'm not making this up.
View Quote

Been using it for years especially on the AK. I guess I'll give it a go on the AR next time. Its also the #1 treatment for blued guns with wood.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 11:27:14 PM EDT
[#47]
I always used Slip EWL but recently bought some Cherrybalmz and it may be the ticket...!
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 12:17:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Tim on Military Arms Channel has been using LPS lubricant - never heard of it, but as trying lubricants is a bit of a hobby, I might give it a try.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 1:39:17 AM EDT
[#49]
I keep coming back to this stuff.  It's thick enough that my guns stay wet even after hundreds of rounds.  I've tried other products but were too thin(CLP/Hoppe's gun oil,etc) and would dry too soon, especially after sitting for months. Any "grease" seemed to gum up and was terrible cleaning.  This stuff "sticks" but doesn't gum and collect trash and the bonus is it's the same exect stuff they sell at the auto parts store as well as the gun store.

Link Posted: 3/23/2020 11:10:53 AM EDT
[#50]
I recently started using Anti Venom XPLC from Strike Industries. I use the aerosol for cleaning and the liquid for lubing. Seems to work really well and smells great too.
Page / 7
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top