AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 1:04:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Super Lube Multi-purpose oil.

For most of the high heat, high wear areas on an AR, you may want to try grease. For grease, I like Super Lube grease.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

For most of the high heat, high wear areas on an AR, you may want to try grease. For grease, I like Super Lube grease.
These are good.

Quoted:
For $5 go to Tractor Supply and buy Super S 00 NLGI cotton picker spindle/ corn head grease.

Lithium based, corrosion inhibited, stays in thick phase until warmed, will still lube well below freezing.

You get a quart I believe for $5.
I've been meaning to try the header lubes.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 10:40:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
These are good.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

These are good.

Quoted:
For $5 go to Tractor Supply and buy Super S 00 NLGI cotton picker spindle/ corn head grease.

Lithium based, corrosion inhibited, stays in thick phase until warmed, will still lube well below freezing.

You get a quart I believe for $5.
I just read up on the Super S spindle head grease. The temperature range is only -20 to 200F with a dropping point of 328F. Not very impressive at all.

The temperature range for Super lube oil is -45 to 450F. The grease has the same operating temp range with a dropping point of 550F.

Sure the spindle grease is cheaper but the lower price comes at a marked reduction in performance. If you really like the 00 Rating of the spindle grease, Super Lube is available in NLGI 2, 1, 0, 00, and 000 consistency.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 11:06:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Super lube grease. They also make an oil with the identical qualities of their grease.
Damn good stuff
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 2:25:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Been looking for something that stays put for long term storage. Ordering some Super Lube to try out.
Link Posted: 9/21/2019 8:55:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If you get them hot enough everything will cook off. I'm still looking for something that won't carbon up the tail of the bolt.
View Quote
Bolt tail doesnt affect reliability, why bothet.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 10:36:48 AM EDT
[#6]
MPro-7 LPX is good, I've been hooked on FP10 for 10 or so years now. I've tried most of the wonder lubes at some point or another in the shop, and very very few live up to the hype.
I've seen FrogLube turn into glue more than once, usually when it comes in contact with Hoppes 9 solvent.....
I just keep going back to FP10, it's fantastic lube & tends to stay put, and this is in many a HK416, MP5, MP7 as well as other AR15/M16 rifles.
Link Posted: 12/7/2019 1:08:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Cherrybalmz

Yep. There's a reason he gives you a free sample. Sample will hook you.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 1:05:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'll catch shit for this, but I've had great luck with Froglube.
View Quote
Same here. Follow the directions and it works awesome.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 8:51:13 AM EDT
[#9]
What weight mobile one?  I have the 0-20 stuff at the house . Seems little thin . But maybe not. Thanks Wardawg
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top