Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/20/2017 4:48:31 PM EDT
Hello.

Recently I have bought the Recon rifle. Had issues with stock sights, as in order to zero the gun, I had to reposition the rear sight max to the right. Few days ago I spotted, the my handguard is not perfectly aligned with upper receiver:

so I thought I would unscrew the handguard and try to turn it. I unscrewed two bolts on the handguard (picture below), but it won't come out. Won't even move. Is there anything else which holds it back?

Link Posted: 11/5/2017 4:25:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Possibly adhesive like MI uses?
I looked for a video on removing one but no luck
Link Posted: 11/7/2017 12:14:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Hello.

Recently I have bought the Recon rifle. Had issues with stock sights, as in order to zero the gun, I had to reposition the rear sight max to the right. Few days ago I spotted, the my handguard is not perfectly aligned with upper receiver:

https://images83.fotosik.pl/756/cbe0c86d55373258med.jpg

so I thought I would unscrew the handguard and try to turn it. I unscrewed two bolts on the handguard (picture below), but it won't come out. Won't even move. Is there anything else which holds it back?

https://images82.fotosik.pl/759/46291eaee57e9acbmed.jpg
View Quote

You need to remove the pieces of metal that act as "nuts"

If you're bored you can watch my Recon review and I show it disassembled so you can see how it fits together....
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 1:49:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I too found my Savage MSR Recon handguard a little off center.  Just loosened the two screws and centered it without any problem.  Didn't have to remove any brackets or anything.  But another I found is that I can't lower the front post enough to obtain a higher placed shot.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top