Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2017 1:23:25 AM EDT
I have used this stuff for awhile now on all of my guns and really like it. A thin coat goes a long way and after heavy use it still seems to stay in place and not dry up. Before using it I have only ever used Hoppes oil or something similar so take it with a grain of salt. I see people complain that its expensive but the tiny bottle lasts a good while if applied correctly. I use it in the barrel between pew pew time but clean it out before I shoot. Maybe its the shit or maybe I am being ripped off and should use motor oil? Just curious if anyone else has used it and what your thoughts on it were.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 12:16:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Any lube is better than no lube. Truth is I don't think I heard of a oil or grease in the market today that doesn't work. The question is more so the following:

0) Does it follow your family tradition? Lots of people use what their family taught them. It's not unheard of to use Hoppes No9 simply because that is what they remembered growing up.

1) Does it work for your application? If all you're doing is going to the range, then reality is what you use makes very little difference. Going out in the field, hunting, or using it for carry/duty are going to factor in to your choices.

2) Does it last as long as you'd like? Every oil/grease evaporates either from friction or through sitting around or migrating. The question is does your oil/grease choice lasts as long as you'd like?

3) Does it protect your valuables? Some oil/grease works better for some people than other simply due to the right combination of events. One person could use CLP their entire life and another could find that their valuables have rust on it.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 12:32:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Nope.

I use cherry blamz or ALG stuff.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 9:13:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any lube is better than no lube. Truth is I don't think I heard of a oil or grease in the market today that doesn't work. The question is more so the following:

0) Does it follow your family tradition? Lots of people use what their family taught them. It's not unheard of to use Hoppes No9 simply because that is what they remembered growing up.

1) Does it work for your application? If all you're doing is going to the range, then reality is what you use makes very little difference. Going out in the field, hunting, or using it for carry/duty are going to factor in to your choices.

2) Does it last as long as you'd like? Every oil/grease evaporates either from friction or through sitting around or migrating. The question is does your oil/grease choice lasts as long as you'd like?

3) Does it protect your valuables? Some oil/grease works better for some people than other simply due to the right combination of events. One person could use CLP their entire life and another could find that their valuables have rust on it.
View Quote
+1

I used Hoppes 9 for 15 years for that reason until I started testing other products.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 11:25:52 AM EDT
[#4]
I very rarely brush or swab the bores of my training guns.  When I do, its typically a single patch with USGI LSA on it.  All of my guns have chrome lined bores and chambers.

For the bolt carrier group ... generous amounts of Royal Purple.

ETA: for self defense guns ... Slip2000EWL on the BCG
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 10:58:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have used this stuff for awhile now on all of my guns and really like it. A thin coat goes a long way and after heavy use it still seems to stay in place and not dry up. Before using it I have only ever used Hoppes oil or something similar so take it with a grain of salt. I see people complain that its expensive but the tiny bottle lasts a good while if applied correctly. I use it in the barrel between pew pew time but clean it out before I shoot. Maybe its the shit or maybe I am being ripped off and should use motor oil? Just curious if anyone else has used it and what your thoughts on it were.
View Quote

I have used Gun Butter for a LONG time and love it.  I use both the Gun Butter that comes in the bottle with the needle tip applicator as well as the Gun Butter Grease that comes in a plunger tube applicator.  Lord knows I've tried a ton of other highly recommended lubes....but yet, I like Gun Butter best.   I don't shoot in extreme cold so I can't say how it performs under those conditions but I've never had any "lube" related problems with any of my handguns or rifles.

I use Weapon Shield and Eezox on my suppressors and occasionally on a couple of my rifles and it seemed fine.  For dry lube I use Sentry Solutions.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 1:13:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I use LTO BIS2 lithium molybdenum grease mixed with Shooter's Choice FP10 in some part:

bolt lugs
BCG guide (few) base put oil
trigger pins

guys recommend me to use only oil inside buffer parts?

and for other i use oil Shooter's Choice FP10
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 12:08:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I use LTO BIS2 lithium molybdenum grease mixed with Shooter's Choice FP10 in some part:

bolt lugs
BCG guide (few) base put oil
trigger pins

guys recommend me to use only oil inside buffer parts?

and for other i use oil Shooter's Choice FP10
View Quote
I very lightly oil the buffer and spring.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top