Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/19/2012 10:37:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bigdogmedia66]
I have a shorty Lo-Pro 5.56 and I'm wanting to swap the barrel to a 300Blk. How easy is it? I've always put my own lowers together, just not uppers.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 10:42:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Very easy, if you can change your own oil and tires you'll be fine. Get the proper tools though. Magpul makes a bev block and armorers wrench and that's probably enough. What kind of rail/forend do you have? There are some that need a spammer wrench to removed them. There's a zillion videos to help you as well.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 12:48:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dalle0001] [#2]
Originally Posted By bigdogmedia66:
I have a shorty Lo-Pro 5.56 and I'm wanting to swap the barrel to a 300Blk. How easy is it? I've always put my own lowers together, just not uppers.
View Quote

You want to take the old barrel out, and put a new one in? Assuming the gas block isn't pinned, it is quite easy to do.

My advice is to simply make a new upper in 300BLK and keep the other upper as is. If you have a tax stamp, luckily it's tied to the lower, not the upper.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top