BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/5/2012 7:13:42 AM EDT
[#1]
nice job.   I have been using the slip2000 EWL on my guns lately.
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 11:31:45 AM EDT
[#2]
On the outside of the gun to protect from rust I use Birchwood Casey Barricade. I think any of these oils will eventually "wash" off and expose the metal.
I heard navy seals use a product called " Marine Pal" to lube their guns. This product was designed for offshore oil rigs and designed not to wash off from water.
Link Posted: 8/24/2012 3:29:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Anything new?
Link Posted: 8/29/2012 4:31:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Northerner] [#4]
SoCalTrojanSoldier,

i know thats an old test but im new here and want to say that was a FANTASTIC test you did! and its great to see
what each product does over time and various weather conditions. looks like the BF CLP is the winner unless you did
get more products and run another test so i will have to search for that.

keep up the great work.
Link Posted: 8/31/2012 5:42:16 PM EDT
[#5]
in a test several years ago, eezox was the best in preventing corrosion in a salt air bath.
Link Posted: 9/3/2012 9:38:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks everyone.  There was a followup found here: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_7/502758_.html

Some how some of the photobucket pics got lost I'll have to find them,  however in that study Eezox showed no/very little rust at 17 days outside as did Slip 2000 EWL and CLP.

I'm still trying various lubes currently been using Frog Lube but haven't checked out a rust test with it yet.  Just trying to find one that cleans easily now.  Jury is still out with the Frog lube but preliminarily I haven't found that it makes it any easier to clean even after multiple uses to clean and lube.   Someday I may have the time to run another rust test with the frog lube and some others.
Link Posted: 9/11/2012 8:15:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By SoCalTrojanSoldier:
Thanks everyone.  There was a followup found here: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_7/502758_.html

Some how some of the photobucket pics got lost I'll have to find them,  however in that study Eezox showed no/very little rust at 17 days outside as did Slip 2000 EWL and CLP.

I'm still trying various lubes currently been using Frog Lube but haven't checked out a rust test with it yet.  Just trying to find one that cleans easily now.  Jury is still out with the Frog lube but preliminarily I haven't found that it makes it any easier to clean even after multiple uses to clean and lube.   Someday I may have the time to run another rust test with the frog lube and some others.

Glad to see that slip 2000 did way better in the second test.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 10:31:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Outstanding experiment it really opened my eyes and made me glad that I use CLP but I may have to look into some of the others that tested well. Thank you for the time and effort you put into this. i will definitely tag this and I look forward to seeing and reading any other test results you post
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 1:58:58 AM EDT
[#9]
this test has quite a wide array of lubricants dedicated specifically to firearm enthusiasts.
ronkulas.proboards.com/thread/274/review-comparison-gun-care-products
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top