Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/11/2006 10:25:01 AM EDT
I haven't had much trigger time this winter (I know, shame on me). So, I was wondering, how often do you guys clen your firearms when they are sitting in the safe for a while.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:26:59 PM EDT
I try for once a month. Nothing special, a quick CLP soaked patch down the bore and a quick wipe down/dusting with a paint brush.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 5:57:36 PM EDT
I find that I need to relube the gun every couple - three weeks. Using Breakfree. Otherwise, when I break out the rifle at the range, it short strokes til I lube it up. Since it's also my ready to go gun, it needs to be lubed.

As far as doing anything to the barrel, no, no real need.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 5:58:19 PM EDT
Hell, never.

I hardly clean them when they are in use.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:53:00 PM EDT

Originally Posted By FALARAK:
Hell, never.

I hardly clean them when they are in use.

+1

I find that I need to relube the gun every couple - three weeks. Using Breakfree. Otherwise, when I break out the rifle at the range, it short strokes til I lube it up.

I would find a different lube!! Yet another reason why I don't use BreakFree...
Try FP-10 or Corrosion X. You probably won't have this problem with them.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:59:41 PM EDT
I clean them every 6 months at least.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:56:18 AM EDT
I clean them after a range session or hunting trip, but otherwise, maybe once a year. In fact, you are reminding me that I am overdue on this job. Actually, I only "clean" them to make sure that they have a layer of oil on them to prevent any corrosion. They don't get dirty just sitting in the safe.

dvo
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:02:28 AM EDT
I check my weapons once a month when not in use.I relube as needed,especially the bores.But with Mil-comm TW25B and Firepower FP-10 I do not have any problems with the weapons getting dry much anymore.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:51:25 AM EDT
EVERY 90 days here in South FL!

For my Grand Parents rifle/shotgun! They dont get used much,I want to pass them on.

I clean after each use !

unless I only shot a few mags under 200rds for AR15
Top Top