Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/7/2006 3:44:52 PM EDT
My first AR should be here in a week!!have
Keeping the gun in top condition is important to me. I have seen various tools but have no idea what is needed or if a complete kit is even necessary. What do you suggest?

Thanks for your time!
Mike
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:40:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/7/2006 6:44:02 PM EDT by Opey]
This is what I use, I pretty much try to keep everything simple

OTIS Memory-Flex cleaning rod, Hoppes .223 copper bore brush, chamber brush, patch holder with T-handle from GI cleaning kit, chamber cleaning stars, and Q-tips

CLP for cleaning and lube

I keep a spare firing pin, extractor, extractor pin, Wolff Extra Power Extractor springs, and McFarland gas rings in the GI cleaning kit

I really can't think of any "tools" you would really need for range trips.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:30:17 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Opey:
This is what I use, I pretty much try to keep everything simple

OTIS Memory-Flex cleaning rod, Hoppes .223 copper bore brush, chamber brush, patch holder with T-handle from GI cleaning kit, chamber cleaning stars, and Q-tips

CLP for cleaning and lube

I keep a spare firing pin, extractor, extractor pin, Wolff Extra Power Extractor springs, and McFarland gas rings in the GI cleaning kit

I really can't think of any "tools" you would really need for range trips.

Where do you purchase all the little parts like firing pins and extractors? I want to build up a small parts kit for the range but most places want to rape me on shipping for 5 tiny things that could fit in a letter size envelope.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:21:46 AM EDT
Nextime you order take the items onto your order.

Or just buy as LPK and a complete bolt carrier assy for spares. With this you should have just about every part that is common to break in an Ar. It will just take a lot of rounds down range (read 1,000s) before you need anything.
Top Top