Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2006 6:22:03 PM EDT
what parts to stock up for extended period without access to commercial vendors?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:22:47 PM EDT
[#1]
tag
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:25:50 PM EDT
[#2]
spare rifle

but if not

a spare bolt or bolt carrier group
a spare lower parts kit
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:33:36 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
spare rifle

but if not

a spare bolt or bolt carrier group
a spare lower parts kit

add to this... several extractor springs and extractors
a couple of sets of gas rings
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:52:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Just Me but I have 2 spares for all small parts on all of My AR rifles. The way I look at it is I will need them sooner or later/ new builds,broken parts etc.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:02:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a plastic box with compartments with spares.

A bolt, gas rings, spare hammer, hammer springs, detents, misc. springs, etc....

Wish my digi cam was not broken, I could post a pic.

I probably have almost enough to build up a new lower.....hey...

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:50:51 AM EDT
[#6]
If I were to order one of the repair kits from Bushmaster, which one should I be buying to cover my bases?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:58:54 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
If I were to order one of the repair kits from Bushmaster, which one should I be buying to cover my bases?

I have one of "each" of Bushmaster's spare parts kits and "two" complete upper and lower parts kits strowed between my house and the farm, (not counting the spare b/bc/ch, spare buffer springs, and other furniture parts) but then I own more than one AR15 and tend to have replacement parts for EVERY pistol and rifle I own.

What you do is up to you, me I plan for NEVER needing spare parts from anyone....YMMV.

Mike
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:13:26 PM EDT
[#8]
TAG.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:28:20 PM EDT
[#9]
I put together two clear plastic lures boxes like the ones used for fishing........24 compartments in each box.

Next I bought-- in kits and seperately all the PINS and SPRINGS found in the AR15. Added to that mix you want a firing pin, some gas rings (3), some ejectors, one or two extractors, a hammer and a trigger group.

I also bought a buffer retaining pin and the long pin that holds the ejection port door.
Also I bought a spare Gas Key for the Bolt with 2 -screws that attaches it. I also bought a spare Gas tube ($10) for the size barrel I have.

Ideally you would want a spare bolt to go with these kits.........I haven't bought that yet.

I have spent to date about $100 on everything ( not counting the bolt )

Now I don't have to worry about loosing a pin or tiny spring.........I always have a spare. It was fun building the kits and labeling each compartment. If anyone is interested I can try and take a photo of both plastic boxes ??

JF.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:09:05 AM EDT
[#10]
post pics!
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:35:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:58:15 PM EDT
[#12]
BADASS!  I need one of those.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:01:28 AM EDT
[#13]
It's handy to have something to tote a few of your spare parts in.  A clear top makes it easy to find what you need.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:20:11 AM EDT
[#14]
No Need to post Pics of mine................ I have two boxes just like ERICS

But mine are geared towards SPRINGS and PINS ......more so than just large parts

But that's the great thing about these boxes............... you can set them up to hold what you think you might need at a given time.

Nice set up Eric !

JF.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top