Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2006 3:39:49 PM EDT
I've been able to purchase some of the LE ammo by these two manufacturers. The first is the Winchester Ranger Talon .45 230gr in reg. and +P. The other is the Federal Tactical HST in .45 230gr in both reg. and +P velocities. Both of these rounds have very impressive down range ballistics and are at the top of the class for FBI testing protocol. I found it interesting that this ammo is labeled LE yet is easy to buy online. Why is this stuff not readily available to the public? It out performs all the regular commercial stuff does the LE community think they're the only ones who should have this good of ammo? Why is it I could purchase it with no problem? Should I worry someone will come a knockin'?hinking.gif
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:52:41 PM EDT
[#1]
if you are able to buy it from the internet and not provide proof then maybe it is factory seconds or le rejects
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:57:38 PM EDT
[#2]
You missed the ammo pages by 2 lines.h.gif
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:57:56 PM EDT
[#3]
l/e restricted ammo is company policy not legality.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 11:30:07 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I found it interesting that this ammo is labeled LE yet is easy to buy online. Why is this stuff not readily available to the public? ]

You just said it is easy to buy, and then you said it's not readily available to the public.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 11:39:33 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
l/e restricted ammo is company policy not legality.

Right!

Quoted:
You just said it is easy to buy, and then you said it's not readily available to the public.

He's got the sweet hook ups!
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top