Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2006 10:22:34 AM EDT
Hope someone knows... What is the height the front sight post is to set at prior to battlesight zeroing adjustment of the A2 rear sight. I have used this before to adjust the sights but can not find it in any of the tech data. I have a new rifle and plan to zero it in soon.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 12:08:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/12/2006 12:08:26 PM EDT by M4Madness]
I didn't see any mention of it HERE. I wouldn't think that the front sight post's elevation would matter, as you still should be able to hit paper up close and adjust accordingly.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:16:16 PM EDT
Thanks for the info.... I can't remember where I found the FS measurement in an M16 maintenace manual, but it made the zeroing process easier with less shots fired. If I find it again I'll post it. First time writting in, have been checking the site and reading post for sometime now. Retired Military, currently LE.
Thanks again,
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:55:06 PM EDT
Front site base top (the round part directly under the post) should be level with the sight tower shelf, then go DOWN 11 clicks.

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:06:19 AM EDT
I would start off at 25 yd and then do the IBZ at 50 yd (remember that the elevation is adjusted at the front sight base for zero'ing). Select the range you want using the elevation wheel on the rear sight.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:35:46 PM EDT
I have read through all the manuals and tech data I have and can't find the measurement I used before. I go to the range tommorrow, I'll start out with the suggestion to set post base level with the sight frame. Sounds like a good place to start. Thanks for the suggestions!
Top Top