BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/2/2006 5:11:33 PM EDT
?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:47:18 PM EDT
[#1]
As of now, 15 topics below yours is one that covers this exactly called "How oiled should it be".

With a new AR, the amount of lube will be the same, the only suggestion I would have is clean/lube the action more frequently (not the barrel necessarily, especially if it's chrome lined) as the parts will be wearing into each other and you will be getting some small shavings.

Gundraw
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:53:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I saw that.  I just wanted to know if there was anything I would need to do differently with a completely dry, new rifle without hijacking the other thread.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:39:01 PM EDT
[#3]
if your rifle is bone dry from the factory, someone was not doing there job. Both My Colt and Bushmaster came oiled. assy lube that should be removed with a better oil.

1. read and understand how the rifle operates.
2. clean the rifle.
3. lube the rifle using clp or equilvent.
4. shot the rifle.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:03:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
4. shot the rifle.

wont shooting the rifle and hitting it hurt it?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:23:40 AM EDT
[#5]
i'd clean it and wipe the moving parts with a clp wet patch
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:10:28 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
4. shot the rifle.

wont shooting the rifle and hitting it hurt it?

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top