Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2006 4:52:28 PM EDT
What I want to know is when you clean your toys what locations get oil and what locations get greased. How much should you apply and is the stuff by Wilson Combat  ok?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:29:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I clean everytime the weapons are used.Old saying "The sun never sets on a dirty weapon" is what I live by.
As far as what gets lubed,the answer is basically the entire weapon with focus on the moving parts.
The Wilson lubes you mention are pretty good lubes...they are made by Protec lubricants if my memory serves me well.I used Protec for awhile and have no complaints but I think the Mil-comm line performs much better all around.Particularly ease of cleaning.
Take a look in the technical section of Mil-comm's web site.They have application instruction for the M9 and M16 that will give you some idea of how and where to apply.
I use the Mil-comm TW-25B inside and out,bearing surfaces get a level II application and the exterior gets a level I.
I use the MC-2500 oil on the pins and tight places as well as for cleaning what little hard fouling there is that will not wipe off the frame and slide.The MC-2500 penetrates so well it cleans almost as well as CLP.
www.mil-comm.com/
Otherwise I would use Break Free CLP or Firepower FP-10 CLP.
HTH
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top