Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/18/2006 10:31:12 PM EDT
I have a DPMS ar-15 with the 6 inch supressor/brake on it.  I want to attatch a different supressor and am having one heck of a time getting this one removed.  I have head that it is meant to be permanently atatched, but nothing is permanent and there is a little play from the barrell so I know it's not welded on.  Do you guys have any insight as to how I can remove it.  
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:56:23 AM EDT
[#1]
blind pin and spot welded?

What is the current barrel length?

degress that thing at the end of the barrel and look for discoloration. If you find any that is the spot weld w/ a pin under neeth it going to the other side. You have to grind the FS away so you can remove the pin and try to unscrew the FS.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:59:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Deja Vu.......... , (see my answer on your other thread)

Mike

ps - and CHECK the BIY FORUM for details on how to remove it..... all of which is in the other thread!

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 3:22:40 AM EDT
[#3]
If you have a 6" F/H you probably have a 11.5" barrel,Better watch the numbers 16" min length and perm attach.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:08:45 AM EDT
[#4]
THis is not directed at jjwoo, but I never understood why someone would buy a 11.5 inch bbl with a permenantly attached FH just to make the bbl 16".... get a 16" bbl and then you get to play with threads! and the rifle is more accurate  too!
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top