Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/17/2005 5:17:35 PM EDT
I read through all the active threads in the cleaning forum and couldnt find mention of this.  

I was at a gun show today and saw somebody trying to sell Cleenbore systems.  Basically what it consisted of was a CO2 powered air shooter that shot a 1" wad through your barrel.  The idea seemed interesting, but at the same time stunk like snake oil.  I was wondering if anyone had any experience with something like this.  If it's not as crappy as it could be, I wsa thinking it could make a nice christmas present or something.

If you need more info on what it is, their website is www.cleenboreusa.com

As you can tell from my post count, i'm quite the noob, so be merciful if I am retarded on the subject.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 7:53:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 10:53:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I was given one when they first started showing up.Its does a pretty good job...but does not replace the brush and rod by any means.The wads are a bit expensive so you dont want to use it to scrub a bore,which it will not do anyway.
The SACS to me is a field cleaning system,and as such it works great.Otherwise I use the Dewey rod and brush.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top