Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/17/2003 7:20:56 PM EDT
Hey guys I just finished putting together my first lower. All went pretty well, and it turned out great. However, even though I taped up the lower, I did manage to get one or two small, scratches. Is there anything I can use to match the color, and fix these. I doubt anyone would ever notice them, but I would know they were there. Thanks for the help!!

Hershey
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 12:52:51 AM EDT
Birchwood Casey’s Super Black Instant Touch-Up Pen works nicely. Brownells sells it (top item): [url]www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=4942[/url] In a pinch, a Sharpie will do – though it’s not especially durable.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 5:48:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/20/2003 5:50:10 AM EDT by James_Gang]
The Birchwood casey paint pin works well. But isn't necessarily any more durable than other methods. And is certainly much more expensive/messy. What works equally well and better on small scratches or nics is a standard black 'marks-a-lot permanent marker', available from any dept. store. Once applied, simply use a rag to blend in with surrounding area. Another product that works very well and matches the dull black finish on aluminum receivers is rustoleum high heat spray paint. Simply shake well and spray a small amount into a paper cup etc. and apply with a small paintbrush or cutip. Of course with all of these methods if you desire maximum adhesion, it's important to degrease the area in question first.
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 2:41:00 PM EDT
i'm having the same problem, and it's driving me absolutely nuts. i tried the sharpie method, but even after rubbing it in thoroughly i ended up with a small, shiny patch that looked worse than the scratches. between the spray paint and the pen, which provides the absolute closest match to the anodized finish?
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 6:47:30 AM EDT
Bushmaster sells a touch-up pen for this type of thing...Ive used it and it works fine.
Top Top