Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2003 9:38:01 PM EDT
Has anyone tried this system besides me?
http://www.cleenbore.com
I was given one by my cousin for the AR15 along with several other adapters for other calibers.
I had my doubts about how well it would work,but was rather suprised to find that it works pretty darn well.
Not to mention fast and easy for cleaning at the range between stages.
I tossed the Militec-1 that came with the system and used FP-10 clp instead.
The bore cleaned up nicely with only two cleaning pellets blown through the bore.
I was rather pleased.
Anyone else had the same results or am I the only one that has used the thing?
Raymond
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 9:59:12 PM EDT
[#1]
[url]www.cleenbore.com[/url]

Never heard of it before.  Thanks for the link.

I guess I could see the advantage for a quick cleaning between stages.

Still seems a little bizarre!!
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 3:39:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah its a strange concept thats for sure.I would have never spent the money to try it.But since it was given to me I had to check it out.Like I said it was effective.I cleaned the bore with the SACS as per the directions and then checked it with a patch and jag.The patch came out clean.Then I hit the bore with a bore brush and patched again.I got very little fouling on the patch after brushing which could have come from the brush.So the SACS works pretty well.
It does nothing for chamber cleaning though.
It would also be great for removing dirt,sand and snow from a plugged or contaminated bore in the field,without disassembly.
It was a interesting thing to test and use.
Im going to try it on some pistols next.
So far so good.
Raymond
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 7:04:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Seems a LOT bizarre.  But if it works, it works I guess?  

What's the point (not being critical)?  Compact size/less bulky (cleaning rod) junk to have to carry, fumble around with, pack, store, etc.?

I'm in favor of THAT!
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top