Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/16/2003 6:59:53 PM EDT
I want to get a complete set of cleaning gear for my SPR. Looks like Dewey and Bore Tech are the best 2 company's going for cleaning gear. I query the board for which company's product is superior and or more geared towards the AR system.

Thanks, DD out!!
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 8:53:11 PM EDT
Both are certainly adequate. BoreTech’s cleaning rods are a bit nicer than Dewey’s, but are rather pricey. Other parts such as jags are pretty much comparable
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 7:11:31 AM EDT
I went with Dewey. I wanted to try some BH so I called Tommy at Georgia Precision because he has a good price on that ammo(GPSS, www.georgiaprecision.com)while ordereing the ammo we talked about cleaning supplies and he sold me a Dewey, and one of his bore guides and all the other stuff you need. He is very knowlegable and easy to talk with, I would suggest you get in touch with him. The bore guide works real nice and I suggest you get one, I keep my guns clean - they get up in the morning clean and they go to bed at night clean. Regards, Steve
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 4:48:29 PM EDT
Bore Tech rods and patches only. Did not like the male end on the Dewey. Mike
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 5:13:40 PM EDT
Originally Posted By mikeinlouisiana: ... Did not like the male end on the Dewey.
View Quote
Agreed! However, Dewey does make a couple of rods specifically for service rifles that have the traditional female end. Still, the BoreTech rod really does feel like a well-made piece of equipment.
Top Top